• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
    they still wernt a round in destinys era
    common the goa'uld have them.

Comment

there is no evidence that they were around when destiny was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
        there is no evidence that they were around when destiny was built.
        Its not exactly a stretch to assume that they did.
        sigpic

Comment

gauld had nano tech? sinse when and i dont beleive that nano techw as around in destinys era simple as that untill there is evidance on the show or in previous cannon episodes which there are not .also the replicator nanites in sga were built to help fight the wraith. the wraith wernt around in destinys era

Comment

gauld had nano tech? sinse when and i dont beleive that nano techw as around in destinys era simple as that untill there is evidance on the show or in previous cannon episodes which there are not .also the replicator nanites in sga were built to help fight the wraith. the wraith wernt around in destinys era
            they are reffering to the nanites that aged oneill in a S1 episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              Its not exactly a stretch to assume that they did.
              in your oppinion maybe not in mine. also evidence and cannon supports my line of thinking as the ancients invented the nanites that later formed the replicators and that was a LONG time after destiny was launched.

Comment

thos wernt gaould tho lol

Comment

thos wernt gaould tho lol
                  as far as i recall they were... wasnt there a goa'uld tablet and statue that emitted em???
                  i could be wrong but i feel like im right... but its been ages since i watched any s1 ep..

Comment

Nanotechnology can be used at a lot of things including as a biological weapon.

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x2.html#nano

What is it? In today society.

http://www.crnano.org/whatis.htm

Also DNA is a self-replicating nanomachine.

Comment

in your oppinion maybe not in mine. also evidence and cannon supports my line of thinking as the ancients invented the nanites that later formed the replicators and that was a LONG time after destiny was launched.
                      They invented the nanites that formed the replicatoers after the destiny was built,yes. But that doesnt mean they didnt have nano tech untill that point.
                      sigpic

Comment

They invented the nanites that formed the replicatoers after the destiny was built,yes. But that doesnt mean they didnt have nano tech untill that point.
                        If so then we would have seen evidence to the contrary. we have not so it stands to reason that they didnt have that capability at the time of the Destiny launch.

However the ancients had devices similar in function to that of the Asgard matter converter as evident by "s10e11 - The Quest (part II)" "merlins cave" and imo it is very likely destiny has one of those onboard as it would be quite handy if you need to make spare parts for repairs.

Comment

If so then we would have seen evidence to the contrary. we have not so it stands to reason that they didnt have that capability at the time of the Destiny launch.

However the ancients had devices similar in function to that of the Asgard matter converter as evident by "s10e11 - The Quest (part II)" "merlins cave" and imo it is very likely destiny has one of those onboard as it would be quite handy if you need to make spare parts for repairs.
                          We havnt seen evidence that they once had pre hyperspace ships, but they must have had them at some point.
                          Just because we've only seen the "super advanced" types of nanos that make replicators and such, it doesnt mean that around the time of Destiny, they didnt have less sophisticated ones that could just perform simple repairs.
                          sigpic

Comment

We havnt seen evidence that they once had pre hyperspace ships, but they must have had them at some point.
                            Just because we've only seen the "super advanced" types of nanos that make replicators and such, it doesnt mean that around the time of Destiny, they didnt have less sophisticated ones that could just perform simple repairs.
                            then why isnt such a tech incorporated into Atlantis, Auroras and Jumpers? imo IF the ancients had ivented and perfected such tech in that way back then why havnt we seen it in other facilities and ships?

And yes we have the Destiny itself is a prime example of a ship that doesnt travel in hyperspace..

Comment

then why isnt such a tech incorporated into Atlantis, Auroras and Jumpers? imo IF the ancients had ivented and perfected such tech in that way back then why havnt we seen it in other facilities and ships?

And yes we have the Destiny itself is a prime example of a ship that doesnt travel in hyperspace..
                              By that i meant, pre Faster than light capable ships.

They had replicators by then. And if i had made an enemy of super inteligent nano machines, i wouldnt want them all over my ships and cities, ready to be reprogramed to work against me.
                              And as far as we know, the Goa'uld could have got their nano tech from earlier ancient stuff left over in our galaxy.
                              sigpic

Comment

you really really want the destiny to have nano repair dont you?
                                well i guess we'll see before the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X