Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought that the ninth chevron would be some form of the ancients gate self destruct sequence; it's quite obviously not time travel as the ancients as shown in "Before I Sleep" are fully against meddling in time. It may well be for another galaxy cluster but i think that we would at least know about it as the asguard were in congress with the ancients for quite some time being part of the four races. Personally i don't think we'll ever find out; keep us guessing

At the moment all i can say is that it could realistically be to aesphetically ballance out the gate, auto-destruct which is personally the one i'm going for, or a distance marker; or possibally used in gate diagnostics.

Hopefully we get to find some bits out, maybe is all i can say though

Maybe it can be used to maintain a wormhole for more than 38 minutes, now i'm just guessing though Maybe sam knows and she just god damn it won't tell us

Comment

Have any of you noticed that an ancient comes through the gate, not just appears on earth? This is the usefulness of the ninth chevron! You must use the chevron to "activate" the ascended relm. When you step through, you would probably be in a zone like where Daniel was when we met anubis (coffee shop). Not ascended, but yet you are able to redily communicate with the ancients/ascended.

Now remember. This is only a theory!

Comment

Originally posted by stargateanubis14 View Post
        Have any of you noticed that an ancient comes through the gate, not just appears on earth? This is the usefulness of the ninth chevron! You must use the chevron to "activate" the ascended relm. When you step through, you would probably be in a zone like where Daniel was when we met anubis (coffee shop). Not ascended, but yet you are able to redily communicate with the ancients/ascended.

Now remember. This is only a theory!
        lol well why would they have built a door to the ascended realm?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Why wouldn't they? Maybe it(the ninth chevron) is made for going an extra distance, but maybe if you used it in the right order/ with the right coordinates, you could pass through a field where you are instead sent over to the ascended realm, instead of the realm of normal beings.
          Why...there are so many why's in stargate, that are never answered...like...

WHO AND WHERE THE HECK ARE THE FURLINGS!?

Comment

I think the last chevron is used to tale you to a different reigon in a 3D WoW i mean the anchents proably are the only people who could build such a masterpeice
            Originally posted by cowpants
            ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            Rosilin for pres

Comment

Well i believe that the Ninth Chevron would definitely be a point of origin however it would need a mass amount of energy to be able to get a lock to the other galaxy. I think that the ninth chevron locks onto another galaxy beyond any other galaxy noticed by our stars in our galaxy or perhaps can lock onto another plain of existence like where the ancients ascended to. But i spose we will never know untill the producers come up with the idea for the Ninth Chevron which hopefully they will bring that up in one of the Stargate Movies!!!!

Comment

it could be to access another set of gates like the Pegasis ones.
                or the prop guys screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                  I have mentioned this theory before, and this is the last time I will bring it up, honest (I'm certain that you'd rather I just shut up about it, so one last time). Anyhow...

I believe that the Ninth Chevron is another distance calculator, allowing the Gate to select a different Galactic group. We know that the 8th Chevron selects other Galaxies, but there are way more galaxies than symbols available for the 8th Chevron. The Local Group of galaxies contains 30 Galaxies, which falls well within the 8th Chevron's symbol numbers. So, my thought is that the 9th Chevron allows you select a different galactic group or cluster, and the galaxies within. With all due respect to the Good Captain Bowman (who doesn't like my theory ), I think this fits well within the established logic of chevron functioning.

YMMV, and as there is no definite data either way, right now it's really for what you want it to be for.

-IMF
                  I believe that's the most sensible explanation. Time travel is just a silly postulation since we know for a fact that the Ancients attempted time travel technology, and when it was finally developed it was used inside a jumper. The gate itself would have never been designed with trans-temporal qualities, it makes too little sense.

It also wouldn't make sense for it to allow access or conversion to higher-dimensional space-time. Translating a three-dimensional being into, say, a six-dimensional being in a six-dimensional universe. Especially when such transiting would be safer and better controlled if the person doing the conversion appeared to stay in one place.

The idea that it could lead to other galactic clusters, or that it is yet another distance modifier makes the most sense to me. Then again, this is science fiction, so it doesn't really matter.

Lethe is the soft promise of renewal, and
                  Oblivion is the dead, unbroken silence
                  of utter and final annihilation

Comment

if it was to take you to another dimention say the 6th, there would be issues - how did the gate get to the 6th dimension in the first place - how did the ancients get the to put the gate there?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                      if it was to take you to another dimention say the 6th, there would be issues - how did the gate get to the 6th dimension in the first place - how did the ancients get the to put the gate there?
                      Which is another reason why I mentioned that it would be absurd for the ninth chevron to lead to higher-dimensional space time. I agree with you.

Lethe is the soft promise of renewal, and
                      Oblivion is the dead, unbroken silence
                      of utter and final annihilation

Comment

My crackpot theory
                        The ninth chevron connects to the local star bucks and gives free coffee for the next 38 minutes

My real theory
                        The ninth chevron puts the gate into diagnostic mode

Comment

new idea: It boots the gate with either admin privilages or in safe mode...
                          Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                          Check out my Flickr

Comment

Here's my radical idea about the ninth chevron: how about its a chevron designed to crete compatability with a 'stargate' that asnt built by the ancients. We dont know about the furlings yet, who could have also built stargates if not in this galaxy but in another.

Comment

my other theory is that its used fro diagnostic reasons

Comment

OR how about this its used to dial more than one stargate at a time- maybe thats what nerus did with the replicators

Comment

Working...
                                X