X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean...

Spoiler:

It would have been interesting to see how they dialed Earth in "Letters from Pegasus" - but they ended it so abruptly.. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Gatedialer
      What it might do is that it allows a wormhole to activate to a planet with no Stargate. The ancients might of used this to open a wormhole to a planet with no stargate and take the materials with them to build a Stargate.

Gatedialer
      If there isnt a Stargate there - there is nothing to rematerialize you.. You'll just .. cease to exist

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
        I mean...

Spoiler:

It would have been interesting to see how they dialed Earth in "Letters from Pegasus" - but they ended it so abruptly.. :/
        Spoiler:

McKay explained it pretty clearly. They just crammed all their power into the gate, and dialed.

If there isnt a Stargate there - there is nothing to rematerialize you.. You'll just .. cease to exist
        Exactly. While the wormhole can transmit your basic matter, without a stargate event horizon to put you back into your original form, you'd be turned into dust.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Spoiler:

McKay explained it pretty clearly. They just crammed all their power into the gate, and dialed.

Spoiler:

Mio, I understood the part about getting all the power - but I mean when they actually DIALED Earth.

Did they just punch in the 8 symbols and thats it? No special procedures or anything ? I mean there is a entire crystal there JUST to lock a 8 chevron address so there definately had to be another step or something

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
            Sorry to keep being contrary... but I don't think it was doing either of those things. I beleive it was just passing through Atlantis's shield.

-IMF
            That makes sense. It was night in that shot, and the hyperspace exit could have been like F-302 Hyperburst and used to pass through the sheild. (We're agreeing, right?)
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
              That makes sense. It was night in that shot, and the hyperspace exit could have been like F-302 Hyperburst and used to pass through the sheild. (We're agreeing, right?)
              I'm not agreeing that it was a hyperspace exit at all... the Jumpers don't seem to have Hyperdrives at all. Jarnin and myself independantly calculated the speed of a jumper to be .02c or 2% of light speed.

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Mio, I understood the part about getting all the power - but I mean when they actually DIALED Earth.

Did they just punch in the 8 symbols and thats it? No special procedures or anything ? I mean there is a entire crystal there JUST to lock a 8 chevron address so there definately had to be another step or something
                Spoiler:
                They probably just picked 'Earth' in the Ancient Dialing Device Database, and got a lock

It probably does what our computer did in 'The Fifth Race'.

The slot for the 8th chevron just....appears....when you need it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Spoiler:
                  They probably just picked 'Earth' in the Ancient Dialing Device Database, and got a lock

It probably does what our computer did in 'The Fifth Race'.

The slot for the 8th chevron just....appears....when you need it.

Yeah about what happened in "The Fifth Race" - so a 8th block just appeared on our screens? Or was it pre-programmed and just needed to be enabled? Or did Jack program it in when he started typing

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                    It kind of just passes through the shield. Think 'Kull Warrior'.

Either:

A) The shield was set to a mode that allowed passage through it like in the Goa'uld docking bay in Descent

B) Puddle Jumpers can pass through the Atlantis Shield. It makes sense.

I just watched it to be sure. The sound and blue distortion that appear are definetly what you'd expect from something passing through a shield. It was NOT hyperspace.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just looked at a bunch of Chevron images... I appear to have been wrong... big shock there...

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Sorry It's so crummy. it's difficult to compress it into such a small file. But it's clear (at least on the original version) that the Jumper went through directly through the shield.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Sorry It's so crummy. it's difficult to compress it into such a small file. But it's clear (at least on the original version) that the Jumper went through directly through the shield.
                          Corrupt file!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Oh, I'm with ya on that one. I was wrong about the top Chevron being shaped differently though. I'm not certain where the memory of a differently shaped top chevron comes from.

-IMF
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                              Oh, I'm with ya on that one. I was wrong about the top Chevron being shaped differently though. I'm not certain where the memory of a differently shaped top chevron comes from.

-IMF
                              if you watched stargate on a widescreen tv then it would apear elongated

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                                if you watched stargate on a widescreen tv then it would apear elongated
                                Oh, if only that were my problem. I'd love to have me a Widescreen TV... besides... all the DVD's are Widescreen.

-IMF
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X