This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
    actually, this is an excellent theory, except that since both the Goa'uld and the Wraith have space travel tech, it wouldn't do much good, right?
    True but at the time the gates were being constucted the Wraith and the Goa'uld were not even heard of yet let alone probably even around(take in mind that the wraith were probably still in bug form and the goa'uld weren't even using humans let alone the unuas yet) As our galaxy was still in it's primative stages too. With the exception on a few races like the Nox, Ancients,tollan,furlings and the asgaurd-visiting from time to time. At that point these races, yes were adavanced with space capiablitys, but they are peaceful races. So at the time the altarns had no worry with these races using the gates in an unfashionable manner. After all they were the four great races(minuse the tollan). Also yeah it really wouldn't do us much good from a stratigical stand point but at the time of the gates construction the ancients were in fact one of the leading races so they probably figured they could deal with what ever came their way even be it from space. Pluse thet figured they would be around for ever, they didn't get into the path of acention till long after the gates were built and seeded in both galaxys or even others were not aware of yet.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by twitch23; 19 November 2006, 08:09 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some information
    Shawnathen

Comment

design margin, it would be stupid to put all this effort into infrastructure and discover "zomg, we can do this totally cool useful new thing if we add a ninth chevron, now we have to replace all the stargates" maybe it had no purpose except as that, the ancients thought "well, maybe we could use it for this" and so they tacked it on knowing it'd be "cheaper" to put it on in the first place then going through the hell of replacing all the stargates just in case

or maybe it's an auto ascend button

Comment

Originally posted by Quest_techie
        or maybe it's an auto ascend button
        Although that would be awesome, I thought we were reasonably sure the Ancients didn't ascend until long after the gate network was first put into service.

Also, if the Tollan were taken through our gate by the Nox, doesn't that mean we'd be the sixth race? Just a thought...
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

no one appreciates my snarky sense of humour

Comment

Hello to all that have click on the link before this one.

I am guessing most of evryone hare know the you have the first six chevron as six points in space - to make a solt of box (a box being a cube - six sides) and then the sevent chevron is the point of origin (the planet of desdination). In some cases if you want to travil cross galaxies you use the 8th chevron to gate to a diffrent galaxy.

Whiles i was Googaling the other day i desided to search in "Stargate SG-2". At first this was on images so i thought some pictures of the offical SG-2 team will come up but it didn't what came up instead was a "NEW!" spin-off called Stargate SG-2: The 9th symbol. So i read though the webstie and found out that it is comming out in the first part 2007, it is about the 9th symbol but no one knoww what the 9th symbol is. So check it out at:-
            StargateSG-2

Thanks
            Have fun.
            Stargate is the Best!
            Stargate fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
              Also, if the Tollan were taken through our gate by the Nox, doesn't that mean we'd be the sixth race? Just a thought...
              they are human, ie; decendents of the ancients, one of the 4 great races.

i doubt the tollan were around in the time of the alliance.

Comment

maybe it's a gate system symbol, administrative instead of spacial

Comment

Originally posted by StarGate - CSGC View Post
                  Whiles i was Googaling the other day i desided to search in "Stargate SG-2". At first this was on images so i thought some pictures of the offical SG-2 team will come up but it didn't what came up instead was a "NEW!" spin-off called Stargate SG-2: The 9th symbol. So i read though the webstie and found out that it is comming out in the first part 2007, it is about the 9th symbol but no one knoww what the 9th symbol is. So check it out at:-
                  StargateSG-2
                  The words fan-film don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Comment

it's to the paralell universe where they are swimming in zpm's but they can't find a comb to save their lives

Comment

The 9th Chevron is the spare chevron just like how cars have a spare tire.
                      Just incase one of the others gets damaged.

Or it takes you to an even more distant galaxy
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Activating the 9th chevron before might supress the "flush" when the gate activates.
                        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

The asguard once said that the Ancients moved from there space long ago, what if the extra 9th chevron takes them to where the ancients region, where they moved too..

Maybe some ancients have not asscended, and it will even surprise the asguard.

Now i know you have atlantis..but what if there was a whole galaxy or another planet that the ancients controlled....older then atlantis..

just my thoughts...

Comment

Actually, when the Replicators were attacking in Season 8, Baal had to find out how to dial all the gates in the galaxy at once. This was never explained and could be the function of the 9th chevron.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                              Actually, when the Replicators were attacking in Season 8, Baal had to find out how to dial all the gates in the galaxy at once. This was never explained and could be the function of the 9th chevron.
                              something tells me the use of the 9th chevron would've been much more publicized than that. Carter would've said something about it. (BTW, I missed that episode, so if she did say something, I'm terribly sorry)
                              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                              Check out my Flickr

Comment

just a thoughtbut in atlantis
                                spoilers not sure how to seperate.
                                in HOME (season 1)
                                rodney has to recongfigure the other gate wth atlantis control crystals but it dosent apear that the atlantis gate can dial nine chevrons even with three full zpm's.
                                how would the dialing computer react ?
                                this leads me to bileave that it probably is like an ancient iris code recogniser and lowers the sheild or mabye is used like a standbye light?
                                Say No to M.R.S (mathew reily syndrome)

Comment

Working...
                                X