Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asguard - Native to Idea/Othalla galaxy (don't confuse with Ikea)
    Nox - Native to our galaxy
    Ancients - Native to Altean Galaxy
    Furlings - Native to other unknown galaxy

And Furling galaxy is soooooooooo far away they need to use the 9th chevron to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by {Name redacted}
      Thank you for the link. It is helpfull
      I'm glad you think so. The unfortuate problem with this thread, is that because of it's length, whenever anything remotely reliable or of significant scientific accuracy is put forward, it is lost almost as quickly. I very rarely make such comments, but the two posts in that link, both mine and the indiviudal I quoted, are so far, from what I can see, the most detailed explanations as to whether or not the 9th Chevron could indeed be a multiverse/alternate reality/time travel device. It pains me when it gets forgotten and a week later someone makes the suggestion again having not read it...
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 September 2014, 11:32 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i dtn think it time device,cause ys well as you know the other ancients didnt want janus to experiment with it and he was firt of his kind AND stargates has been developed and placed all over the 2 galaxies time ago
        On leti,on tak krasne leti!

Comment

PreMadonas!

Comment

Originally posted by neptie
            PreMadonas!
            Ah... what?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
              Ah... what?
              People that have to have things a certain way. "I want crushed ice not cubed." people that like having a fuss made over them. So the Furlings must have a ninth chaveron to see people go through hoops to see them. Thats why they haven't been around, they want us to make a big deal out of them when they do show up.

Comment

I theorise that in the final episode, once they get arthur's weapon, they'll activate the ninth chevron wich will open a wormhole to the ori assended plane. And then they'll fire the weapon at them and destroy the ori.

Just a theory...

Comment

could it be that it alows 2 way passage between gates? other then that i support the selection of which gate ona planet theory and the future expansion theory. Also could it be for experimentation with the gate?

Comment

IMHO, the 9th chevron is one of either ::

- The address to Merlins Ancient Weapon.
                    or
                    - The address to another very very x100x100x1000 far away galaxy where even the ancients dare not venture,......back to. coz they experienced their own 'growing pains' in a technological race that left a dark, deep scar on the ancients (hence their mandate of not getting involved).....this was their final journey prior to ascension, the journey that gave them their ultimate technologies. This galaxy is silicon based also, not carbon like ours, so possibilities and combinations etc etc work differently.

This address, once you've arrived there, will mean absolutely nothing if you don't have the means to understand it.

*this is my brain fart, just wanted to give a wild option on this thread as none of us really has a clue.*..... LOL

Comment

The ninth symbol takes you to a stargate universe with Kurt Russel playing RDA's role.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog
                        The ninth symbol takes you to a stargate universe with Kurt Russel playing RDA's role.
                        lol

also:

Danny De Vito as : Gen. Landry
                        Rosie O'Donnel : Samantha Carter
                        Mel Brooks as : Teal'c
                        Spike Lee as : Daniel Jackson
                        William Shatner as : Cameron Mitchell
                        and Joan Rivers as : Vala Mal Doran

Just a thought... what a scary universe... maybe Sci-Fi chanel execs would prefer this cast list for SG1? They might recommision the series... don't laugh they probably will, lol! *sigh*

Comment

i don't know. if i had a stargate, i'd want the ker-chunk chevron to be on the left...
                          the problem with the 9th being a distance calculator would be the power requirements. the ancients built the gates, and their most powerfull power generator (ZPM) seems to be taxed dialing a local galaxy. there'd be no point in trying to make it possible to dial a gate you couldn't connect to.
                          Obvioulsy the ninth chevron has to dial the operator.

Comment

I have always believed it was for other galaxies out there. We know the 8th Chevron opened a gate to the Asgard home world. True, the power consumption was enormous. But lets face it, the ancients had zpm's. And lets say you tied 2 or 3 or more together in a chain, you could create a massive amount of power that could generate a wormhole to a whole new gate network. That has always been my theory on it. Just my 2 cents worth on this topic.

Last edited by Tok'ra^Agent; 30 August 2006, 03:53 AM.
                            Some people try to turn back the Odometer of life... Not me, I want people to know the roads I've traveled. And not all of the roads were paved...

Comment

Ok. I want to make this TOTALLY clear to EVERYONE.

The 8th Chevron, does not JUST open a gate to the Asgard homeworld and Pegasus Galaxy. It is THE chevron for dialing other galaxies.

I am FED UP of people suggesting that the 9th chevron opens a gate to the furling galaxy, or Galaxy X, or the Ori galaxy. That is what the EIGHTH Chevron is for.

There are 39 possible galaxies that can be dialled by using the 8th Chevron. I sincerely doubt that the Ancients visited more than that manu.

Underlying point: The eight Chevron can dial 39 galaxies.

The 9th Chevron has to be something VERY different.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                                The Ninth Chevron takes you to defeat the ultimate enemy at SCI-FI COMMAND.
                                Dont you mean the scifi head quarters SCIFI COMMAND sounds so stolen off SGC
                                Stargate Command to called the scifi channel it its an outrage to sg1 to have there great SGC terrorised by Scifi Channel AKA scifi command
                                Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

Working...
                                X