This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vahnman
    the 9th chervon open the door to hell. Ever saw the movie "Even Horizon"? Yeah...that..
    good point, maybe a hell dimension
    Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

So many thoeries.

I wonder if the 9th chevron might allow bi-direnctional travel? Ingage it, and you can send stuff, other than radio signals, in both directions.

Or maybe, just maybe its a redial type thing, if you place your origin gliph in the 7th and the 9th, your worm whole is redirected to itself. So you basiclly walk through the gate and come back through it again, right where you left from.

I do like the idea of it being a hold type lock. If its active the worm whole stays open longer. It was originally designed with a time delay so that the gate closes down after a given time once material has passed through it.

Distance is also a good one, as they did with the 8th.

Or it could be the way that Ball was able to open all the gates up at once, multicaller or something.

Comment

the vast amounts of energy required to power a bi-directional wormhole would be too much for Earth, even with a Naquadah generator. If the eighth chevron is for contacting the Asgard, then perhaps the ninth could be for say the Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte galaxy, which is nigh on 3 million light years away. However, this spits all over the story in the film, where Abydos is described as being the other side of the known Universe, and they only used seven chevrons. So, perhaps the ninth is just for aesthetic purposes, or opens up the possibility of interdimensional travel, or perhaps even to explore alternate timelines. It certainly isn't for time travel as SG-1 managed that with seven chevrons, during a solar flare (1969). G*d, those writers must be so chuffed that they have infiltrated our collective consciousness with something that they make up as they go along, or is this mental conditioning in preparation for first contact? See, it's helped the paranoia along.
        (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

i hope there will be episode which will show us-something like jacks first travell to agrads-i think it was in second seaon
          a lot of theories have been said so ill wont say it again.and what about dimensional travells-we have seen monsters from another dimension-the lastest in 10x05 uninvited...
          On leti,on tak krasne leti!

Comment

well i have 4 theories on the matter
            theory 1 it is indeed as mentioned b4 something that enables the gate to stay open for like ages
            theory 2 it is indeed a self destruct
            theory 3 it will send the traveller to the first ever gate kind of like a if we get lost we can always go back home except without getting lost or it leads to their stargate factory?
            theory 4 house of burlesque for the ancients where gary jones(chevron guy) is on an infinite loop and is reading shakespeare to small deaf children whilst i get my cheese sandwich out of the george forman grill fashizzle.
            You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

I believe that the ninth chevron is Stargate's mystique. Here is what I think:

In the new spin-off, an all-new SG-1 team will discover the use of the ninth chevron: travel to other universes. The show will be about them exploring the unknown, making allies...and enemies.

What think you all?

Comment

The 9th Chevron take you to Directory Inquiries gives you a list of places to ring for spare parts.

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Hopefully the 9th chevron will release a destructive energy beam at SCI-FI channels management building!! A bit like the independance day alien whitehouse scene!
                  Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                    Hopefully the 9th chevron will release a destructive energy beam at SCI-FI channels management building!! A bit like the independance day alien whitehouse scene!
                    HELL YEAHHH!!! lets take our shows and start our own damn network!!! give scifi to the people!

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

The Ninth Chevron takes you to defeat the ultimate enemy at SCI-FI COMMAND.
                      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
                        Exactly. That's why I'm in favor of the 9th chevron being reserved for future growth. Planning for growth when you don't know what the future will hold means you should way over-engineer.

By analogy, look at the telephone system in North America, officially known as NANP (North American Numbering Plan). It was originally designed shortly after WWII, and with minor adjustments, has served well as a dialing system for a good 60 years. Considering the original designers of NANP could never have anticipated pagers, cell phones, etc., that's one heck of a design they did to plan future growth.

The Stargate has 39 symbols, so 8-digit dialing can take you up to 39 different galaxies. If the Ancients anticipated ever needing to dial a 40th galaxy, for example, then by adding a 9th symbol, the number of galaxies that can be dialed expands to a theoretical 1521--far more than they would probably ever need.
                        what about star codes and other nubmers like 411, 911, *79 and so on.
                        Force a worm hole to form when the safety system doesn’t let it happen.
                        A code that forces an up of the DHD right now.
                        It maybe of been used by the device that formed the time loop.

Comment

Maybe the 9th Chevron turns the gate into some sort of weapon, perhaps Merlin's weapon, and they open it in the last episode and it destroys the Ori once and for all.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                            Maybe the 9th Chevron turns the gate into some sort of weapon, perhaps Merlin's weapon, and they open it in the last episode and it destroys the Ori once and for all.
                            Thats an interesting theory. The ancients built the gates, and the entire gate system, so why not just use it as the single most destructive weapon. The best hiding spot is in plain site most of the time.

Comment

It creates a giant kawoosh that engulfs the entire planet
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

for all we know, the 9th chevron has no purpose. i mean, i could be like Windows XP. so many wholes that the creators left open for future advancment. the Ancients probally didn't program a purpuse into it yet, they probally have it there for an upgrade if they ever found one nessisary
                                Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                                (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Working...
                                X