This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender
    true, the universe is infinite, but the ancient knowledge of it was not. They could have just enough symbols to get to the places that they had discovered, not the whole universe...do you see what I mean. ( i don't know if I explained it too well.)
    It was explained fine
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
      It was explained fine
      ok then, you see what I mean. It could very well be another means to calculate distance. ( another area code if you will)

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
      hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

I think that the ninth cevron dosen't go further in to other galaxys, time travel, alternite universes,
        i think that the ninth ceveron actually links multiple gates allowing other racs through the gate to a set point if origin say the asgarg the tau'ri the tok'ra and the noxs wanted tomeet at nutral ground theywould each open a worm hole together so other races couldn't accuse another of being there early and setting a trap orbeing betrayed.

Comment

Wow so much to know,
          Can anyone kindly make a long story short for me. Please! And no I am not lazy its just you can’t really expect me to go through thirty seven pages full of information! Ok yes I am lazy but it’s for a good cause though !

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but maybe the 9th chevron enables the correlative updates program?

Comment

I must say that I LOVE the explanation for the 9th chevron selecting other groups of galaxies than the Local Group.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT AND CLEVER and very astronomically fitting.

Comment

The NINTH Chevron is used as the point of no return, When anyone or someone enters a NINTH Cheveron they expand to the outer know Galaxies of witch are if in form. This is why gate travel has not gone on to the NINTH, yet far, In hope that our second race is thus to expand the gate system to said Galaxie regions. Only one gate has been placed due to the oncomming war, the enemy has cut the resources back. So enlight the gate should go on to explore the most outer regions of future Galaxies.
                Last edited by Gatebuilder; 09 July 2006, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Maby the 9th shevron is to go to the Ascended realms (like lucutos of borg said), after all the stargate does convert people into energy/matter when they go through the gate.
                  I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by *Crash*
                    Maby the 9th shevron is to go to the Ascended realms (like lucutos of borg said), after all the stargate does convert people into energy/matter when they go through the gate.
                    Its the quick route to enlightenment...
                    Daniel - ...come on Teal'c's like the deepest person I know, come on Teal'c, tell 'em how deep you are, you'll be lucky if you even understand this
                    Teal'c(pauses, raises eyebrow) - My depth is immaterial to this conversation
                    Daniel - Ooooooh, see that

Comment

It is known that the Stargate connects planets of similar environment (or at least those that once were), that are able to support human life. Maybe the Ancients placed Stargates on other planets as well, those that can't support humans, but other species. The race in Season 4's Scorched Earth is a good example. The 9th chevron maybe used in this respect.

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames
                        One Word...the Ori Galaxy! Maybe The 9th Chevron Goes There. It Would Make Total Sense! Another Way To Go To The Ori Home Galaxy. The Ninth Chevron Holds Many Possibilities
                        I agree to a point. I thinkt that the 9th Chevron is the limit to this universe or realm. Unfortunately everything has a finite point just before a new opening into a new system. If there was a 10th cheveron it would lead to something outside the known universe. It may lead directly into a central point of a multiverse such as a conrol station of the universe(s). Similar to binary 10 signifies openings and 9 reaches limits. If lanuage was broken down into code, nine or neun in German means no or not. This would signify a limit point. The 8th Cheveron lead to the Atlantis site which was the summation, as we know of the Ancient technology. The holy city of the Ancient's so to speak. It also loops back all of there technology with their gates where their existence ended. The question is, "Do we dare to contact or search for the 10th cheveron without containing many of our problems in this universe/realm?" Organization is usually contains some form of chaos but if we wish to join a higher plane of existence it might be respectful to see what we can do to fix our problems here first. On the other hand I'd like to take friends and family and get the hell out of this renalm and go on a nice vacation where its peaceful, beutiful and relaxing. This doesn't seem realistic since we all seem to be working on the problems of this realm together better than before though.
                        There are Brave Pilots. There are old Pilots. But there are no brave, old Pilots.

Comment

Maybe a do not proceed location, like the beginning of time, the ending of time
                          THE BIG BANG or THE BIG CRUNCH as steven hawking put it.

Or if you want a happier reply, it leads to a place where everyone is laughing and eats cake and pie..........hmmmmmmmmmmmm pie
                          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Could it maybe be a way to destroy a selected stargate or maybe destroy the planet on the other side?? That would be a hell of a weapon...

eh well maybe not..

I agree with the dial other galaxys thing...
                            If Someone Trys To Kill You,
                            You Try And Kill Them Right Back..

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

the 9th chevron could also do this(i remind reading it on another forum...): open a wormwhole somewhere where there is no gate

that;s why the power requirments would have to be enormous...

it's a preety decent ideea if you think of it...and there is nothing to say that it couldn't be possible...
                              http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

For all we know the 9th chevron could be to terraform an certain planet once the DHD has been set

Comment

Working...
                                X