This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcorleone
    But... it's a combination of 9 symbols among 36 in the DHD... right ?. And the order of the sequence DOES matter.. it's not a group of 9 symbols. It's a pretty big number of possible combinations...!
    If the Alterans were capable of ascending simply by dialing a gate they would have done so millenia before the plague ever came to our galaxy. the ninth chevron is quite possibly the only mystery about the gate that is left to us...but I think it may have something to do with security measures like forcing an incoming wormhole to a different gate or to no gate at all...wait scratch that, they wouldn't have needed the gate shield in that case. I have got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
      The 9th Chevron is a self-destruct, duh.
      Dude, I so think that's it! I think that when you dial the 9th chevron, it locks all the gates in that galaxy together (like in Threads) and boom! Gate system is gone.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

mmm actually i liek that idea...if they build 1 stargat per planet, tha ndecided to put more tha n1 city..they would have added it later

Sounds good to me!

Comment

The 9th chevron likely has no function. After the Ancients left Atlantis, their civilization collapsed. They wouldn't have had the resourced to implement major changed to the gate network to add a 9th chevron functionality. So, if it had a function, it had it pre-Atlantis evacuation. But we haven't seen anything related to a 9th chevron in the Atlantis DHD, therefore, it can't really have much of a use.
          sigpic

Comment

Ancient gen (DNA) = Ancient

O'Neill, Shepperd,... are Ancients.
            Mi chceme Zelenku!!! Mi chceme více češtiny v SGA!!!

Comment

Could it be the Key to the use of the super weapon invented by Merlin?

I thinking that the 9th Chevron is a fail-safe lock out for the super weapon.. Not that it was built with that intent.. It's clear that the Stargates perdate Merlin. But Merlin could have designed the suuper weapon to make use of the 9th Chevron?... Originally the 9th Chevron can still be used without the weapon.. Meaning the galaxy cluster is an idea along with the alternate reality or Alternate dimensions.. Realitys and dimensions Are NOT the same thing...

Just maybe TPTB don't have a clue, but are watching the fans talk about it so they can pick an idea given by the fans of Stargate?
              Dave aka:

GearheadSG1

Comment

Originally posted by GearheadSG1
                Could it be the Key to the use of the super weapon invented by Merlin?

I thinking that the 9th Chevron is a fail-safe lock out for the super weapon.. Not that it was built with that intent.. It's clear that the Stargates perdate Merlin. But Merlin could have designed the suuper weapon to make use of the 9th Chevron?... Originally the 9th Chevron can still be used without the weapon.. Meaning the galaxy cluster is an idea along with the alternate reality or Alternate dimensions.. Realitys and dimensions Are NOT the same thing...

Just maybe TPTB don't have a clue, but are watching the fans talk about it so they can pick an idea given by the fans of Stargate?
                I don't think the ancients would have designed the stargates with no use for a ninth chevron in mind (now TPTB, that's another story). I'm sure that we wont find out the use for the ninth chevron for a couple seasons, seeing as how it took a while for the 8th chevron to really be used. Don't worry, I'm sure it will be something quite amazing when it is revealed. If not, then meh.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                  How do you *not dial* chevrons 1-8?

The problem with most of these ideas is that you're often forgetting that you must dial an 8th chevron before you can dial a 9th. That means intergalactic travel.

Another thing people aren't remembering is that you can only dial 38 other galaxies with an 8 chevron address.
                  So there is Othala (Ida), Pegasus, and another 36 more out there, maybe. That would take you as far as 10 Million Light Years away from Earth. You still have 99.9993% of the universe left over.

Then there is the fact that if the 9th chevron is used, it's definately a point of origin symbol.
                  You can't travel anywhere without a point of origin. When they dialed Hala back in season 2, the point of origin was the last symbol entered. When they dialed Atlantis, the point of origin was the last symbol entered. If you're going to evoke the 9th chevron, it has to be used for a point of origin, otherwise you're not going anywhere.

IMHO, the only logical explaination is the 9th chevron is for traveling between galactic clusters. That would give travelers a range of about 10 BILLION lightyears to explore, which would cover about 60% of the visible universe.
                  I would say this is the most likely theory out there.

Comment

Originally posted by mcorleone
                    My own theory... is that the ninth chevron allows you to reach the gate-creators.... the so called Lantians, Alterans, Atlantians. Somehow, it helps you ascend.

Since energy doesn't need actually to be re-materialized... there is no need for a destination gate. It's just a complex combination of 9 symbols.

Think about it !!
                    I did.

No cookie for you.

Comment

makes sense.

but they could just use the sodan teleporter system

or something like tollan/aschen telporters

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf
                        I would say this is the most likely theory out there.
                        I know I like it.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Either I just did the Time Warp again..... or someone bumped a thread that was a year and two days old.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                            Either I just did the Time Warp again..... or someone bumped a thread that was a year and two days old.
                            It's just a jump to the left

Comment

Maybe it leads back to their original galaxy...
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I was thinking it would be for different groups of galaxies, since the 8th chevron is for galaxies inside our own local group of galaxies.
                                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                                Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X