This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
    Well normally that would be the case if you only dialed seven to eight chevrons but if you had the programming and some cordinates you should be able to jump to(if this is what the ninth chevron is for) anywhere in the galaxy that there are cordinates for on the gate.

Of course the chevron could be as people have supposed it to be and be nothing more than an asthetic center piece for the gate but the Alterans have a way of making asthetics that have a function.
    Agreed. All their tech is both beautiful and functional. =0) Ethereal science... that's what I call it anyway.

Comment

I think that 9th chevron is to travel to special location (may be Ancients home planet) or to place where was created our reality.
      Mi chceme Zelenku!!! Mi chceme více češtiny v SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
        Agreed. All their tech is both beautiful and functional. =0) Ethereal science... that's what I call it anyway.
        Some of their tech is, the Atlantis/PJ/Stargate style tech. But I don't like the weird, almost organic looking tech designs (like the database head-grabber or the intergalactic communication device).

Comment

the ninth chevron probably has somthing to do with supergates... if you think about it supergates need to link with other gates somehow and there are no chevrons on supergates...

Comment

Maybe alternate realities or like a button on my tivo remote, never got around to figuring out what to use it for and put it there just in case.

Comment

the ninth chevron must be for reaching other stargates on the same planet!!

think about it... the ancients probably had quite a few cities on one planet at a time and we dont know the range of the ancient teleporters so it would only make sence that they all be connected through the stargate

this mught have been mentioned in the other form and if it was sorry but i didnt feel like reading 500 different posts

Comment

Sorry... but that doesn't make sense. Compare it with a phone number. You don't have to dial 20 numbers to ring your neighbour. But... if you have to dial to china... well.. you've got to push more buttons than the required for a local call.

7 symbols for a gate in this galaxy... 8 for a gate in another galaxy. 9 symbols... for a gate in the same planet... ... i'd say.... less than 7 symbols for a gate in the planet. !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcorleone
                  Sorry... but that doesn't make sense. Compare it with a phone number. You don't have to dial 20 numbers to ring your neighbour. But... if you have to dial to china... well.. you've got to push more buttons than the required for a local call.

7 symbols for a gate in this galaxy... 8 for a gate in another galaxy. 9 symbols... for a gate in the same planet... ... i'd say.... less than 7 symbols for a gate in the planet. !!!

You have to keep in mind, even if they've compared to a phone, it doesn't mean it is a phone. I think what he's saying does have some sense to it, but the only thing is how would you differntiate one city's coordinates from another with symbols already on the gate?

Comment

The 9th Chevron is a self-destruct, duh.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                      The 9th Chevron is a self-destruct, duh.
                      Er... sure.

Comment

We will know in chapter two hundred to contact the furlings who are in .............
                        The episode can start with an incoming wormhole from the furlings for example, and they showing us how to use it... and they will tell only to Oneil who have Ancient DNA.

G.

Comment

Do you have to put so many exclamation points in your thread titles?

Comment

My own theory... is that the ninth chevron allows you to reach the gate-creators.... the so called Lantians, Alterans, Atlantians. Somehow, it helps you ascend.

Since energy doesn't need actually to be re-materialized... there is no need for a destination gate. It's just a complex combination of 9 symbols.

Think about it !!

Comment

I don't think the Ancients would of made it that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                                I don't think the Ancients would of made it that easy.
                                But... it's a combination of 9 symbols among 36 in the DHD... right ?. And the order of the sequence DOES matter.. it's not a group of 9 symbols. It's a pretty big number of possible combinations...!

Comment

Working...
                                X