Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the 9th chevron ever mentioned in an episode? If so which one, if not where did this even come up? Thanks everyone!!
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I thought the 9th chevron is used when the gate is in space like we see on Atlantis where all the chevrons are activated.
      We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
      Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
      *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
        Was the 9th chevron ever mentioned in an episode? If so which one, if not where did this even come up? Thanks everyone!!
        I don't belive the 9th has been mentioned directly in Stargate.
        Since "The Fifth Race" and Carter's revelation of the 8th adding a distance calculation ( allowing travel to another galaxy )
        .....it just came to be the natural next-step to figure out what the 9th Chevron is for....

Originally posted by Dr. Elisabeth Weir
        I thought the 9th chevron is used when the gate is in space like we see on Atlantis where all the chevrons are activated.
        ......not as far as I am aware.
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Elisabeth Weir
          You're right that when an outgoing wormhole was established all 9 chevrons glow - here's a screenshot from '38 minutes'

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/104x460.html

BUT ... that's when the wormhole is established. We know from that episode only seven chevrons are dialled. From that we can extrapolate that whenever a wormhole is established, all the chevrons glow.

BUT Here's another example - from SG-1 this time, from a gate we know was based on a planet ( the episode is exodus)

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/4...x22%5F218.html

and only seven chevrons were activated. Which kind of disproves my first argument.

BUMMER!

Personally, i think this is a plot hole, because in the atlantis episode we know only 7 chevrons were dialled. I think the 9th chevron is for something far more important.

Can anyone explain this inconsistency?
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Not unless the 9th chevron allows for multiple gates to be dialed simultaneously. Though that still begs the question of how did it happen if it wasn't dialed.

Comment

9th Chevron could be used for time travel or multidimensional travel. Like that mirror from the latter half of season one.

Comment

I have an Awesome! theory on what the 9th chevron's function is on the Stargate! I must warn you though, it's really is an Awesome! theory!

The 9th Chevron is.........................................

A spare chevron! In case one of the other ones break! Like how cars carry spare tires!

Told you it was Awesome!

Is it even possible to "remove" one of the chevrons and replace another one on the gate?
                sine sine cosine sine,
                three point one four one five nine!
                Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

hehehhe

i converted him.....

hehehe
                  Today I was called a beautiful mystery and the explanation was:

How can something be hot and cool at the same time?

Comment

I know that you're new and welcome, but next time you want to start a thread, use the search feature of the forum to find threads that are on the same subject as yours

My theory, since the 8th chevron is for other galaxies, is the 9th chevron is a step up and is for galactis groups.
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

The 9th chevron is to check the stargate's voicemail.
                      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

*beep*[monotone]you have 1 new wormhole, sent today at 5 pm[/monotone]*beep*

But seriously, dont make new threads till you are 100% sure on whether or not it has been discussed, and in the case of 9th Chevron, it really has.
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I think it could be dimensions or time but im not sure how that would work.

Comment

NOT ANOTHER 9TH CHEVRON THREAD!
                            boo!!!!!!!

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I like your thread and don't listen to these people. I would have never read your theory f you didn't start up this thread. Although I am with the hole 7th. to travel in your galaxy, 8th. to go to another Galaxy and
                              9th. to go to another universe all together.

This should have it's own thread, I think, because it iwsn't about the 9th chevron it's about his theory on the 9th chevron. So when people go into this thread they are talking about his theory and not what everyone thinks. He wants input on what he thinks.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by spinspinspin
                                I have an Awesome! theory on what the 9th chevron's function is on the Stargate! I must warn you though, it's really is an Awesome! theory!

The 9th Chevron is.........................................

A spare chevron! In case one of the other ones break! Like how cars carry spare tires!

Told you it was Awesome!

Is it even possible to "remove" one of the chevrons and replace another one on the gate?

Good theory I even thought that's what it could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X