Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think that the ninth cheveron acts as an opener to another dimension like our own

think
    There but for the grace of god
    Point of view
    your new guide to stargate news.
    www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
    www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

Woops... I meant Ida, not Othalla. So where is this galaxy then??? How come a whole ZPM was needed to power the StarGate to gate to a 3million LY galaxy, yet that device Jack built was able to power to gate to a galaxy of an unknown area, that can be presumed to be much farther away....

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Maybe Cheveron Nine leads you to ascention, or it acts as a communication link with the ancients, or just maybe it leads to where Anubis and Oma are.

Why doesn't someone just ask good old Joe Mallozi? he probably has all of the answers.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
          Maybe Cheveron Nine leads you to ascention, or it acts as a communication link with the ancients, or just maybe it leads to where Anubis and Oma are.

Why doesn't someone just ask good old Joe Mallozi? he probably has all of the answers.
          I think the Stargate pre-dates the Ancients knowledge of Ascension and they probably relied on the Ancient Genetic Manipulation device ( Prototype ) for all matters relating to Ascension!

As for Joe;
          I searched in his thread and only 1 person has asked him

he said: "It's......possible"
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
            I think the Stargate pre-dates the Ancients knowledge of Ascension and they probably relied on the Ancient Genetic Manipulation device ( Prototype ) for all matters relating to Ascension!

As for Joe;
            I searched in his thread and only 1 person has asked him

he said: "It's......possible"
            The Ancient Genetic Manipulation Device was created by Anubis, wasn't it? I doubt that the Alterrans needed it to ascend as they were so intelligent.

As for Joe:
            He might've meant it as a joke...Or maybe we've just stumbled upon his latest secret ideas for series 10.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
              The Ancient Genetic Manipulation Device was created by Anubis, wasn't it? I doubt that the Alterrans needed it to ascend as they were so intelligent.

He may have created that one ( from his Ascended knowledge ) but accoding to the GW Database the device is of Ancient design.

If it is possible to create a device that would originate from Ancient knowlege, then it is likely that they (Ancients) would have made it at one time or another.
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
                He may have created that one ( from his Ascended knowledge ) but accoding to the GW Database the device is of Ancient design.

If it is possible to create a device that would originate from Ancient knowlege, then it is likely that they (Ancients) would have made it at one time or another.
                Well Anubis was an ancient (Or an ascended, either way it works) it only makes sense for it to be ancient design.

sigpic

Comment

it wouldn't be time travel because of the other ways the ancients messed with time travel. like the beam thing that shoots at the gate and the puddle jumper. so if they had to do that they wouldn't have the ability to travel through time as easily as going through a stargate. also...........remember that the stargates are much older than puddle jumpers or the beam thingy. and it would seem that they were all mass produced with nine chevrons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatedialer
                    What it might do is that it allows a wormhole to activate to a planet with no Stargate. The ancients might of used this to open a wormhole to a planet with no stargate and take the materials with them to build a Stargate.

Gatedialer
                    The stargate works like a 'gate'. To have a gate, you enter one side, and leave the other. Weve seen befor that the wormhole won't form when there is no other gate to conect to. However, i belive the ninth Chevron might be used for the gate network. We never really found out how Baal and Sam managed to dial all the gates in RECKONING, PART 2. Maybe the ninth chevron has something to do with conecting to two other gates at the same time with a outgoing wormhole.
                    To the Prometheus...

The first...

She will be missed

Comment

If you said they went to Andromida it would be bad writing for there is a show called that.

For all we know that is were the Ancients went first. Then came here real quick to hide from the Ori. (before they were the Ori of course) If you want to get away you don't go straight to your hide out.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        Woops... I meant Ida, not Othalla. So where is this galaxy then???
                        In the episode Exodus the team was accidentally transported to anoter galaxy when a star went supernova as they entered hyperspace. That galaxy was loaded with replicators, so it's assumed that galaxy was the Asgard home galaxy.
                        Jacob said that they had traveled 4 million light years, which would put the Asgard home galaxy within our local group.

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        How come a whole ZPM was needed to power the StarGate to gate to a 3million LY galaxy, yet that device Jack built was able to power to gate to a galaxy of an unknown area, that can be presumed to be much farther away....
                        Gating to Pegasus the first time took an entire ZPM because the ZPM was almost depleted. Gating to Pegasus used up all the remaining juice, which is why they were stuck there for the first season.
                        With the Asgard home galaxy within our local group, it's not that much farther away than Pegasus; only ~1 MLY.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

There's a problem with that. I mean what would happen if someone went through a gate that was connected to two or more planets at the same time.
                          Personally I think that the 9th Chevron dials the help directory or maybe the talking clock. It's the only thing that would make sense. The only other thing is that it takes people beyond the local group of galaxies.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

WAIT! New thought!!! What if the 9th Chevron lets you decide which gate to go to if there is more than one on a planet.
                            Sorry if someone has mentioned this before, but I swear I thought of it by myself.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                              WAIT! New thought!!! What if the 9th Chevron lets you decide which gate to go to if there is more than one on a planet.
                              Sorry if someone has mentioned this before, but I swear I thought of it by myself.
                              Yep. I think that one has cropped up a few times

I'm probably being dense, so correct me if i'm wrong:

To engage the 9th you'd have to lock the first 8.
                              So therefore if the 9th gives choice of which gate to goto, then it'd have to be in another Galaxy? Or something to that end...

Other theories of the 9:

9th could be the System Reset (like, in some electronics, you depress all the buttons simultaneously to goto factory settings )

or give an ability to reprogram the Gate and the Point of Origin, when you move a gate to another planet!
                              Last edited by jazz!; 04 January 2006, 04:12 AM.

Comment

The nineth chevron is there for symmetry of course!!! you cant very well have a great big peice of acient technology that doesnt look good now can you!!! (sounds better in a john cleese voice)

I think the 9th chevron is either dimension, or plane of existance. If your smart enough to make the nineth chevron work then you can ascend! It becomes the door to enlightenment!

Comment

Working...
                                X