Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well... whilst that's the obvious next step, that's totally unviable for the show. and a bit cliche/ridiculous: the ancients got between 39 universes?

i'm thinking more inventive than that. the best i could come up with was a security function - you can only go to certain gates if you add in a certain ninth chevron. or something. but then it would have to build from 8 so i dunno.
    I salute Stargate SG-1.

Comment

but the ancients no way spread that far.

and besides, thats just boring.
      I salute Stargate SG-1.

Comment

Here's a link to another 9th chevron thread. My thought is in there: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20235

I know you're new here. Next time when you want to start a thread, use the search feature to look for ones on that same topic. The search feature isn't accurate, but it's the closest thing we have.
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

will do
          I salute Stargate SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by alfakim
            well... whilst that's the obvious next step, that's totally unviable for the show. and a bit cliche/ridiculous: the ancients got between 39 universes?

i'm thinking more inventive than that.
            Umm... ouch?! That's insulting. I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but for the love of God, have a little respect.
            Last edited by CeeKay Sheppard; 21 December 2005, 05:05 PM.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Boy have there been enough of these threads, or what?
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We should probably find out where else the eight chevrons do first. We know about Atlantis and the Asgard galaxy (the name escapes me), but that still isn't very much.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I bet it goes between super clusters.
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Gimme a S
                    Gimme a E
                    Gimme a A
                    Gimme a R
                    Gimme a C
                    Gimme a H

What does it spell? SEARCH

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                      We should probably find out where else the eight chevrons do first. We know about Atlantis and the Asgard galaxy (the name escapes me), but that still isn't very much.
                      Don't worry, the name of the Asgard galaxy escapes the writers of the series too
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

The Ninth chevron dials another Universe.

I heard when you dial the ninth chev. you get charged $2.99 a minute.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

It takes 'em to Oz.
                          Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                          Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

The thing that irks me about the inter-galactic travel in the SG universe is that despite being so close the Milky Way.... why have we not been to the Adromeda galaxy or the Pinwheel galaxy? Those are a part of our Local Group too.

Instead we go far off to Othalla, Pegasus, and the Ori galaxy.....
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The only logical one that I thought up was that it's for a non-local galactic group.
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

the idea behind the 9th chevron is actually a joke TPTB played on us fans: They figured we'd waste countless threads at Gateworld wondering what the 9th chevron does.

Comment

Working...
                                X