X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's used for flushing the toliets at the SGC
    sigpic

Comment

It could be a lot of things. Also, the search bar it helpful. Welcome to the forum.
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
        Interesting idea, what do you propose they do?
        I don't know it just came into my head when I was reading the thread. It all depends on what the 9th Chevron does. Maybe it goes to parallel realities like the mirror but I prefer to think it goes to Galaxies even further away then pegasus and the Ori Galaxy though some might think that's a bit boring though I was joking not to long ago that it might be Directory Inquireries lol.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The ninth Chevron is one of the great musteries in the Stargate Universe, TPTB will decided when the itme is right for us to find out.

Comment

Dial the 9th Chevron and it takes you:
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

lol, i liked that ep another ninth chevron one, wow, these never stop, we will have enough for a whole board soon I will stick with my Star Trek guest star theory for a while. But my real theory is it will take the dialer to an original gate, the central point, or starting point of the system, but i would think that it would take 1000 times the power of a normal dialing
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

7th. = Same Galaxy
                8th. = Another Galaxy inside your Universe
                9th. = Another Universe

Although I liked the hole gating to the original gate idea. That would make it the Ancients Original Homeworld.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I don't know if this has been said but I had a thought that the 9th chevron might be for a different group of galaxies.
                  Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Although I liked the hole gating to the original gate idea. That would make it the Ancients Original Homeworld.
                    Not really, just the first gate they built, they may not have had the first gate on their origional planet. An ultimate twist would be that they found a handfull of Stargates and copied the idea
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

the ninth chevron will be for goaing a LONG LONG LONG way duh....

soz but its true...
                      Last edited by Major Tyler; 10 December 2005, 09:35 PM. Reason: merge
                      tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                      yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                      Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

The ninth cheveron could be used for a moving stargate, eg like if atlantis was moving through space.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

What if its speed-dial? Every stargate symbol has its own 7 chevons preprogrammed and all you need is to dial that one symbol in the 9th chevron space and boom, instant lock! Hehe, stupid but an idea anyway.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

The number one problem with all "theories" here is that just about everyone seems to have forgotten that you must dial an 8-symbol intergalactic address before you even have the option of dialing a 9-symbol address: You can't count to 9 without including 8.
                            A 9-symbol address must include intergalactic travel, just like intergalactic travel must include interplanetary travel.
                            Since the galaxies you can dial with an 8-symbol address seem to be relatively close (within the our local group), the logical purpose for an 9-symbol address would be to travel to an non-local galactic group.

Not as cool as another universe or instant ascension, but at least it follows continuity.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

So the 8th Symbol is like an Area code and the 9th Symbol would be like a country code
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                                Since the galaxies you can dial with an 8-symbol address seem to be relatively close (within the our local group), the logical purpose for an 9-symbol address would be to travel to an non-local galactic group.
                                You beat me to it, i was going to suggest the same thing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X