Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are several threads on this, and basically, so far, using information we already have learned, the most sensible explination, is another distance calculator, to allow Stargate travel even further, however, this seems boring, compared to some of the things that they could utilise for the function of the ninth chevron. Unfortunatley, we haven't been able to figure out any of the other things they could do. If you would like to take a look at one of the threads, I created this one, when I was new to the forum.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8025

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      There are several threads on this, and basically, so far, using information we already have learned, the most sensible explination, is another distance calculator, to allow Stargate travel even further, however, this seems boring, compared to some of the things that they could utilise for the function of the ninth chevron. Unfortunatley, we haven't been able to figure out any of the other things they could do. If you would like to take a look at one of the threads, I created this one, when I was new to the forum.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8025

Owen Macri
      Thanx
      Teal'c - "They come from the T'auri."
      Daniel - "You weren't supposed to tell him!"

Comment

Originally posted by chris_h
        7 = Local "call"
        8 = Long distance (other galaxy, same galactic cluster)
        9 = "International" (completely different galactic cluster)
        This theory generally makes sense and fits in with the rest of the stargate tech. In a few years this may spawn a new series where a new team meets the Furlings or something like that (theres gotta be a furlings episode sometime - apart from paradise lost).
        Teal'c - "They come from the T'auri."
        Daniel - "You weren't supposed to tell him!"

Comment

You are very welcome, if you would like to read more, you can use the search feature, and I believe people discuss it commonly on websites, which websites, I do not remember off-hand.

Owen Macri

Comment

stupid thought, with all the gate being able to transport people through time....
            Spoiler:

Comment

when i read this i thought you ment why not try the ninth cheveron in atlantis because it has the ZPM and could be the only gate with the power to do a 9 chereron address, which IMO it is.
              btw i always thought the ninth cheveron was interplaneatary, mean it was what the ascneded beings used when they travel though the gate up there, using their own energy to power it( like in meridian with oma).
              immhotep
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
                stupid thought, with all the gate being able to transport people through time....
                I am sorry, what is a stupid thought, please clarify, and also please refrain from insulting people and peoples' ideas, it is a agianst the forum rules. Please check them out.

http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...sics#faq_rules

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
                  I am sorry, what is a stupid thought, please clarify, and also please refrain from insulting people and peoples' ideas, it is a agianst the forum rules. Please check them out.

http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...sics#faq_rules

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    when i read this i thought you ment why not try the ninth cheveron in atlantis because it has the ZPM and could be the only gate with the power to do a 9 chereron address, which IMO it is.
                    btw i always thought the ninth cheveron was interplaneatary, mean it was what the ascneded beings used when they travel though the gate up there, using their own energy to power it( like in meridian with oma).
                    immhotep
                    Theoretically, you can dial interplanetary without extra chevrons, I have explained it in other threads, maybe I will type it up again in here later.

Owen Macri

Comment

Thank you for bringing this up. Well, first of all, the gate through the floor has also been done in SG-1, it is a flaw in the set design, the gate cannot be though the floor because then the event horizon could not be formed, like with a burried gate, it has been stated in SG-1 that that this fact is true.
                      the Event Horizon could still form because the space inside the gate is not completely blocked, the event horizon would just epaned as far as it could to the floor, the reason that a buried gate can be activated is because the there is no space left

Comment

No, I believe that if there is any matter within the ring the event horizon will not be created.

Owen Macri

Comment

i think the tip of the gate sits flush with the floor, creating the illusion of it being buried.

Help!
                          My emojournal

Comment

I don't think so in some pictures you can clearly see that it is underneath the floor, and in SG-1 the metal ramp goes right through it.

Owen Macri

Comment

No, I believe that if there is any matter within the ring the event horizon will not be created.

Owen Macri
                              where did you here this?

Comment

I agree with Owen, the metal ramp does go throught the gate. As for being barried up to the tip, does the bottom look round or flat? Flat to me (thinking of Atlantis Rising with the wine bottle rolling out of the gate)
                                This is my sugnature!
                                Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Working...
                                X