This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, c'mon, I was close...
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Ya, you were close enough, who will would notice!

Owen Macri

Comment

Probably just Walter, after he notices that the chevron that is supposed to be on top is a wee bit off. Besides that, nobody
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        LANDRY
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Some people think it can be used to go back 13 seconds in time.

Comment

I think they have seen Galaxy Quest a few to many times. lol.

Seriously though it is not impossible, I can't think of a reason that they would need to use it. If something bad happend on there planet by the time they gated to another planet in another galaxy and then back again the 13 seconds would already have passed, I don't think it is likley.

Lol, Galaxy Quest was a good movie!

Owen Macri

Comment

I have another question about the Stargate. Couldn't find a good thread to ask in.

Many off-world Stargates seem to be set in concrete/cement, with no indication that care was taken to provide clearance for the spinning portion of the gate. Yet, if they did not provide clearance, the gate would never be able to spin to dial up.

Comment

The spinning portion of the 'gate is the inner ring, and it seems that you still have room to spin it.(It's been done before) If there is a DHD, the inner ring doesn't spin, for the DHD can 'speed dial' the gate.
                  LANDRY
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

It is suposedly said that the rest of the gate is under the ground, but mainly this doesn't work because when matter is inside the gate before it activates and then someone tries to activate it, it won't, like the atlantis gate, it is partly under the floor but it still works.

This was probably just and oversight, when they made the original models of the gate.

Owen Macri

Comment

Ya, im not sure on this subject, but i do know that that "Ker-Chunk" noise is pretty sweet.

Comment

It is close enough, lol, ya that sound is pretty cool. In the movie they didn't make that sound they made a more "sh-sh" noise.

Owen Macri

Comment

Eh, I'm pretty sick of the sound. How about something that makes the 'gate sound like it's been oiled within the past million years?
                          LANDRY
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, I don't think that would change it.

Owen Macri

Comment

How about an alternative universe setting? You dial up the ninth chevron and it turns the gate into a giant version of the quantum mirror.
                              sigpic

Comment

What would be the point of dialing coordinates then? And where is the controler?

I doubt that this is what the ninth chevron does for several reasons.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X