Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really think the ninth cheveron is to do with having more than one stargate per planet or per system. imagine a massize planet with diffrent nation and both wanted a stargate u could have one point of origin per nation, per planet.
    oh the 8th cheveron in this case would be used just to conifrm the 7th( point of origin a would be put in, then a agen to ensure no mistake is made), cheveron 9 tell us where on the point of origin to be sent.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

not sure about the two gates theory...the only planet i know of with two gates on is earth, now the ancients didnt put two gates on earth only one. it was Ra who put the second gate on earth when the first was lost to him i.e. Buried. so if the ancients original plan was to only have one gate on each life supporting world then they wouldnt see the need for a 'two gates on a planet' function...any comments?
      And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

yeah i agree with what ure saying but maybe they needed to make two stargates to stop a war for example over control of starate; or they might have a stargate on a planet and on the nearest moon but are soo close they need an extra point to diferentiate between the 2
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

aah yes i see what you mean ...Only Time will tell I suppose..oh and TPTB
          And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

This has probably been said before but my theory on it is 8th chevron is an area code to another galaxy what if the 9th chevron allows you to dial to another universe maybe that where the ancients are now.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by crazysmoke
              acutally every human not on earth was put their by the gou'ald. Ra found earth and seeded the other world with humans. most freed themselves or are still enslaved. planets without stargates are ones they buried it a long time ago.
              Not necessarily. The Stargates that Jack imputted in the SGC computer while under the Ancient Library's influence (The Fifth Race) were not on the Abydos cartouche, therefore unknown to the Goa'uld, and some had human life on it. Also, in Atlantis' "Rising", the hologram of that hottie Ancient stated that they seeded the Pegasus galaxy with human life. The Stargate is a great mass distribution method.

Comment

hmmm thats true. like where they found daniel.
                but thats unusual maybe they made it there thru the stargate or was relocated by the asguards. cuz i don't remember ancients leaving behind humans on any other planets then earth. could be that the Abydos cartouche was outdated. acutally i might be wrong and they did leave behind people.

i know in atlantis the ancients did that.

Comment

Okay, the stargate is also use for Ascension. Recall the episode were Jackson ascends, he met up with Jack in a room of bright lights with a Stargate. The creature that Daniel interacted, Oma came in and out of that stargate. When he enters the gate, after persuading Jack to not revive his body, he change into energy. (The writers stated that the stargate transform materials into energy). Go and review similar episodes to this one. In the Stargate Universe, it might be possible to go through fluidic space, or a bubble dimension-- wherever your minds can take you.

Comment

I also believe it has something to do with Ascension. I mean you think about distance.. 7 is Basic Calling, 8 is long Distance, 9 is Another plain of Existance.

Like soem have said, Jackson Ascended and used the Stargate. Perhaps the Ancients put number 8 and 9 there for extra features, they meet asgard and program in number 8, they learn that a wormhole can make you into pure energy and learn how to Use the gate but not reassemble on the otherside, to remain energy. Bam 9th Chevron tells the gate "Hey you! You no put moleculestogether!"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I would hope that the writers do end up writing something explaining the 9th chevron in either season 9 or atlantis season 2.

Personally I agree with the distance calculation:
                      7 = (inside) galaxy
                      8 = beyond galaxy (inside) local galactic group
                      9 = beyond local galactic group (inside) galactic supercluster

besides in "rising" and in various episodes they specifically point out that to dial an eight symbol address requires alot more power then conventionally provided. Where as to dial a gate with a galaxy requires little power, ie. power requirement is directly related distance a gate can dial. Plus the further away from an object you want to view the more specific you need to be in defining its location (more chevrons).

Besides which in order to ascend you need to be pure of spirit, or you need help from someone who is ascended.

Comment

What if the ninth chevron was supposed to be used in solar systems with multiple habitable planets? If there were two planets in a system with stargates, you would need someway to pick which one you wanted to go to.
                        JACK: "This is 'so' the last time I help someone move."

Comment

Mabey it transfers you to a diffrent dimension. In the episode with the bug things an ancient device was responsible for making people see things from a diffrent dimension/plane of existance. What if the 9th chevron phases you into diffrent dimensions?

Comment

I once had a theory on the ninth chevron, but it was while ago, and no one liked, but anyway. I think the ninth chevron is used to dial the identical gate in an alternate universe. So if we dialed a nine chevron address, and did some stuff (and that was the problem with it before), we would go through the gate and appear on the earth gate, but in an alternate universe of our choosing. I like your theory better though.
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Personally, I like the pizza speed dial theory.

Comment

la'ros has something there. maybe not another dimension thats the mirror people. but another plane or spectrum. buit i don't think it is used for acension.

Comment

Working...
                                X