X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
    Spoiler:
    The ninth chevron dials the seeding ship. So is it just one symbol or what?
    Maybe not, actually. Maybe the 9th chevron just locks on any random symbol and just provides the extra power/whatever to dial it.
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I agree that the 9th chevron might be connected to ascension. I think it was probably designed when the first ancients ascended, and they placed the 9th chevron to help the ancients that couldnt ascend to get there.

Point in case: Abydos
      The people in Epiphany took years to ascend, while oma ascended all the abydonians in a couple minutes, probably using the stargate to bring them there.

It probably (when activated) emits some kind of ascended radiation which oma controlled to only send to abydonians. When SG 1 went to Abydos afterwards, they were probably in the ascended universe, only they werent the pure energy, so they only percieved it as Abydos.

Possible idea for a new thread: What happens if you dial a chevron after the wormhole establishes?

Comment

Originally posted by SG 101 View Post
        I agree that the 9th chevron might be connected to ascension. I think it was probably designed when the first ancients ascended, and they placed the 9th chevron to help the ancients that couldnt ascend to get there.

Point in case: Abydos
        The people in Epiphany took years to ascend, while oma ascended all the abydonians in a couple minutes, probably using the stargate to bring them there.

It probably (when activated) emits some kind of ascended radiation which oma controlled to only send to abydonians. When SG 1 went to Abydos afterwards, they were probably in the ascended universe, only they werent the pure energy, so they only percieved it as Abydos.
        Does this mean that the Destiny is really in Ascension-land? Wouldn't that make the entirety of Stargate Universe, in effect, all just a dream?

Originally posted by SG 101 View Post
        Possible idea for a new thread: What happens if you dial a chevron after the wormhole establishes?
        Nothing: you can't dial while the Stargate is engaged.
        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
          Nothing: you can't dial while the Stargate is engaged.
          but... you can receive a wormhole when you're dialing a gate
          SG-1 members
          Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
            but... you can receive a wormhole when you're dialing a gate
            At which point the 'Gate stops dialing. Same result.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
              At which point the 'Gate stops dialing. Same result.
              true but i have a theory:
              what if you have a lot of power, for example 3 ZPMs?
              SG-1 members
              Atlantis Team members

Comment

what if you have a lot of power, for example 3 ZPMs?
                Absolutely nothing changes: the 'Gate still won't dial.

Comment

just a thought
                  SG-1 members
                  Atlantis Team members

Comment

Ok from what i have seen on the previews and stuff it seems as though the ninth chevron was used by the ancients to allow access to the ship which was traveling faster than the speed of light, the ship was used to place gates all over the different galaxies. so i think the ninth chevron is used as some sort of stellar drift calculation key.

STARGATE SG1 FAN
                    STARGATE ATLANTIS FAN

Comment

most recent ad supports the Clavia theory

Comment

Originally posted by snave21 View Post
                        Ok from what i have seen on the previews and stuff it seems as though the ninth chevron was used by the ancients to allow access to the ship which was traveling faster than the speed of light, the ship was used to place gates all over the different galaxies. so i think the ninth chevron is used as some sort of stellar drift calculation key.
                        definitely plausable

i thought that gate couldnt be aceessed when they were in transit
                        SG-1 members
                        Atlantis Team members

Comment

definitely plausable

i thought that gate couldnt be aceessed when they were in transit
                          It cant but ive been thinking more about it and from what i can tell the ship makes stops in orbit around planets to place the stargate in orbit or on the planet. so this should then allow them to dial the ships gate address.

ok here is another idea what if the ninth chevron is like a key to the ship and the intended on building more ships and each ship is asigned a specific symbol.

STARGATE SG1 FAN
                          STARGATE ATLANTIS FAN

Comment

It cant but ive been thinking more about it and from what i can tell the ship makes stops in orbit around planets to place the stargate in orbit or on the planet. so this should then allow them to dial the ships gate address.

ok here is another idea what if the ninth chevron is like a key to the ship and the intended on building more ships and each ship is asigned a specific symbol.
                            1) this has been seen in "First Strike" when the Asuran satellite was too close to the planet for atlantis to dial its gate
                            2) Personally i prefer Furyofaseraph's theory but its nothing personal
                            SG-1 members
                            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Actually, as far as we can tell, the Destiny is a follow-up ship: traveling to galaxies where an automated 'Gate-seeding ship has already established a 'Gate-network, and then exploring those networks.

1) this has been seen in "First Strike" when the Asuran satellite was too close to the planet for atlantis to dial its gate
                              Note: it wasn't so much the presence of the satellite weapon, as the fact that its 'Gate was active.

Comment

I know it took a ZPM to get to Atlantis, but did the Icarus base have access to a ZPM to get the Destiny?

Comment

Working...
                                X