Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well needless to say, we will learn all we need to know about the Nineth Chevorn when Universe premeires. And I can't wait!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

The 9th Chevron couldn't be an extension to a ship in a galaxy. As we learned each the first 6 are the coordinates to a planet the 7th being point of origin. 8th would be an area code. the 9th could be used for a 2nd stargate on a planet but not a ship, because the ship would have to stay close to a planet for the first 6 chevrons to be the same. If the ship got close to another planet it would have to use the coordinates of the 2nd planet.

Comment

The ninth cheveron allows connections to the "secret network" aka those watches with the twisty things.
        Originally posted by Craig Charles
        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Furyofaseraph View Post
          Okay, we all know the basic deal: 1-6 are for a location, 7th is a Point of Origin.

So Normal Address:
          XXXXXXY
          X-Location
          Y-Point of Origin

Okay, now from the 5th race and Atlantis we have 8-Chevron address:
          XXXXXXAY
          X-Location
          A-"Area Code" (Galaxy Address)
          Y-Point of Origin

Alright, now we have the 9th Chevron which has yet to be used, now here is an idea i read and i kinda like it: an Extension. This would come into play when there is more than one gate in a given area. Now i know you already think: well, duh, that cant be true because we had two gates, and we never needed to use the 9th chevron. Well right you are, because if the Ninth isnt used it goes the to the Primary gate, which so happened to be ours.

Okay, so here is how i think a 9 Gate Address would go.
          XXXXXXABY
          X-Location
          B-"Extension" (Gate Selector)
          Y-Point of Origin.

Now if you wanted to go to a planet with more than one gate in the same galaxy you just ignore the area code, which would just mean that it activates a different chevron.

In other words, each chevron has a duty, even in a 8 or 9 glyph address

1-6 are ALWAYS destination glyphs
          7 is ALWAYS point of origin
          8 is ALWAYS galactic addresses
          9 is ALWAYS a gate selector

all thats different is the order the chevrons activate.
          for a normal connection its: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
          for a out of galaxy its 1-2-3-4-5-6-8-7
          for an extension its 1-2-3-4-5-6-8-9-7 if out of galaxy
          for an extension in galaxy is 1-2-3-4-5-6-9-7

okay, what do you think?
          Don't know if anyone has posted this or not but how do you use the ninth chevron if you're dialing a gate in the same galaxy without using the eighth chevron?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Furyofaseraph View Post
            Okay, we all know the basic deal: 1-6 are for a location, 7th is a Point of Origin.

So Normal Address:
            XXXXXXY
            X-Location
            Y-Point of Origin

Okay, now from the 5th race and Atlantis we have 8-Chevron address:
            XXXXXXAY
            X-Location
            Y-Point of Origin

Alright, now we have the 9th Chevron which has yet to be used, now here is an idea i read and i kinda like it: an Extension. This would come into play when there is more than one gate in a given area. Now i know you already think: well, duh, that cant be true because we had two gates, and we never needed to use the 9th chevron. Well right you are, because if the Ninth isnt used it goes the to the Primary gate, which so happened to be ours.

Okay, so here is how i think a 9 Gate Address would go.
            XXXXXXABY
            X-Location
            B-"Extension" (Gate Selector)
            Y-Point of Origin.

Now if you wanted to go to a planet with more than one gate in the same galaxy you just ignore the area code, which would just mean that it activates a different chevron.

In other words, each chevron has a duty, even in a 8 or 9 glyph address

1-6 are ALWAYS destination glyphs
            7 is ALWAYS point of origin
            8 is ALWAYS galactic addresses
            9 is ALWAYS a gate selector

all thats different is the order the chevrons activate.
            for a normal connection its: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7
            for a out of galaxy its 1-2-3-4-5-6-8-7
            for an extension its 1-2-3-4-5-6-8-9-7 if out of galaxy
            for an extension in galaxy is 1-2-3-4-5-6-9-7

okay, what do you think?
            i think the 9th is to travel 3 or more galaxies away. because it still only took 8 cheverons to dial the Ida galaxy.
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix786 View Post
              Don't know if anyone has posted this or not but how do you use the ninth chevron if you're dialing a gate in the same galaxy without using the eighth chevron?
              thats also a damn good point.
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

My question is a little more basis about point of origins. We know Earth's is a upside down v with a circle about it. So you need six symbols that tell you a general area of where you are going but it is the point of origin that makes the gate address complete. When we dial out to other planets, how do we know what the point of origin is? I would think that the first symbol in the gate adrress going to the planet is the actual point of origin and the gate address becomes reversed. So say we are going back and forth to Chulak. We have the 6 gate symbols to get us back to Earth, but what is the point of origin? My assumption that is is the actual first glyph that sends you to the planet you are going to. So we dial Earth, use the gate address we know and the point of origin is the first glyph we put in to dial off world to another planet...make any sense? I have just always wondered how we figured out what the point of origin is for the other planets we visit. HELP!!!

Comment

Im just speculating here but i think that the one symbol (that is different each time) on the dhd is the point of origin and the stargates correlitive updates do the actuall work, correct me anyone if im wrong.
                  Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

We know that 7 is a local address, 8 is another gate network outside our own.
                    Each chevron / icon translates to binary.

Lets not get to tech here.

Chevron 9 could be a sudo command, this digit could allow programming of a gate for any given task.

1. Gate to a location other then a planet with its own gate maybe a Spacegate.

2. Open more then one destination gate or every gate with in the galaxy network where the Replicators got wiped out by little reprogramming by baal.

Edit
                    3. Anubis redirected gate travel to another gate.

4. Problem for the writers of SGU.

Think about the 6 Chevrons being pressed for the destination, 7th is your origin what Dr Jackson had to find in the film. (What I call the passcode), 8th is galaxy code.

If we are to gate to a Ship in the middle of the unknown universe there would be no location, just the origin (7th Chevron), 8th would be to another network in another galaxy, So how infact could the 9th work in this case?

Wouldnt the 9th Chevron be hidden and not easrly found on normal DHDs, only maybe with a attached computer?, plus knowing or finding out passcode of the 8 other chevrons starting with the origin, allowing access to the Gate ship?

X(9th), then the passcode 1-8 chevrons or the other way around.

Offtopic-

Question, At the time every gate was open in the MW galaxy, What would happen to an object or person entering the re-programmed gate and A Spacegate from an approaching puddle jumper, how would you know what side to enter?
                    Last edited by X-Seti; 24 January 2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: Battery ran out on my handheld device.

Comment

OMG that is a genius idea!!!
                      SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                      LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                      READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                      Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

We could say that the Ancients haven't mastered time travel. But we weren't considering the Time Jumper... Even if It doesn't work for little time jumps, it works with big ones....Think with me for a sec:
                        The Jumper only works with 2 centuries Jumps at least.
                        You want to go back, I don't know....10 years? SO, make a big jump to the past and them, make a big jump to the future that would take you to the time you want....
                        But, even with this idea, there is the thing: The Ancient Council never agreed with Time Travel research. Why would they let all Stargates to have a way to travel in time?
                        In the theory about the parallel universes, I agree with the almost impossibility of doing so....
                        And with the theory of the first guy about the two gates at the same planet:
                        They always gate the gate putting the adress. I never saw they doing a dialing choosing wich chevron they would lock... It's always automatic...They saw the order of the selection of the adress and only make the SG "spin", stopping it when they want that symbol. When it stops, the Stargate understand that has to lock that symbol.... So, how would they lock the 9th symbol before the 7th or without the 8th?
                        And one more thing: You can get the adress of every gate, even if it's in the space...If it's connected to the generators, It works. For example: when atlantis was in the space, Mckay, i think, discovered their position. But they were unable of doing a dialing because they were moving to fast in the space... Maybe the Origin Point is referent to each SG, and not to it's position in the galaxy. It would explain why the Jumpers could dial any gate, even the ones that weren't in that planet in the Ancients Time.
                        Hello Guys! Sorry for any Writing errors. I'm Brazilian and don't know english....XD~~

Comment

I was kinda hoping the 9th chevron would go across time

like you have the basic 3D (let's call it that) address, 6 points + destination
                          so 8th chevron gives it a power boost and sends you further in space, so it'd be cool if the 9th chevron has a temporal quality to it or a transdimensional quality to it so that it sends you to a different time and reality. Might be just me thinking too far out of the box, but it'd be cool to dimension hop

Well I'll shut up now before you call the men in white coats to take me away..
                          Captain Sven O.
                          Battleship Invictus
                          ACRON Command

Comment

Ok so far we know that all 9 chevrons are need to reach the destiny SOMEHOW.
                            Now it has been speculated that you either need a lot of power or to be on a certain planet or have a certain piece of ancient tech to reach the destiny, otherweise how could people be left behind (if they use the gate to explore the galaxies they visit, instead of using 'shuttles')

It got me thinking either the gates were always designed to have nine chevrons and those chevrons could only dial one gate or the ancients put nine on and it just worked out that way.

If thats the case then the ninth chevron would have another use, if not then maybe the destiny mission is as old as the first stargates themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              Ok so far we know that all 9 chevrons are need to reach the destiny SOMEHOW.
                              Now it has been speculated that you either need a lot of power or to be on a certain planet or have a certain piece of ancient tech to reach the destiny, otherweise how could people be left behind (if they use the gate to explore the galaxies they visit, instead of using 'shuttles')

It got me thinking either the gates were always designed to have nine chevrons and those chevrons could only dial one gate or the ancients put nine on and it just worked out that way.

If thats the case then the ninth chevron would have another use, if not then maybe the destiny mission is as old as the first stargates themselves.
                              I definitely think the 9th chevron was designed for a purpose. Though, as of yet, we don't know what that purpose really is. I think that 9 is a really arbitrary number, and it would seem too contrived if it just so happened that they found a use for a chevron even though they didn't know why they were putting it there. Why not 10? or 15?

This is more of an open question for anyone, but does it have to be the case that the 9th chevron is specifically for dialing the gate aboard the Destiny? I'm not really offering up any alternative, I am merely curious is all.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                                I definitely think the 9th chevron was designed for a purpose. Though, as of yet, we don't know what that purpose really is. I think that 9 is a really arbitrary number, and it would seem too contrived if it just so happened that they found a use for a chevron even though they didn't know why they were putting it there. Why not 10? or 15?

This is more of an open question for anyone, but does it have to be the case that the 9th chevron is specifically for dialing the gate aboard the Destiny? I'm not really offering up any alternative, I am merely curious is all.
                                i agree with the 9th chevron being put there for a purpose and also agree with that it must do more than help dial to the ship. Why does every gate need access to the one ship. i think there were multiple ships like the Destiny and each had a different address like planets but using the ninth chevron
                                Some say that he has only one ear.
                                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                                All we know is he's called
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X