Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is almost impossible to predict what the TPTB will do. Its great fun to speculate though especially on such on interesting subject as the 9th chevron. Great thread!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      What ever happened to only being able to establish a wormhole between 2 absolutely defined points in space? I'm assuming, of course, that this ship is constantly on the move. Which....it would be....cause....it's a ship?
      I think that ship has a different stargate or some ifferent protocols in stargte or DHD, so you can dial that gate.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        I think that ship has a different stargate or some ifferent protocols in stargte or DHD, so you can dial that gate.
        Does anybody here know anything about wormholes, 'cause from what I've gathered wormholes can only exist between 2 fixed points in space/time?

Of course Stargate uses 'artificial' wormholes, so who knows what those can do.
        sigpic

Comment

Sweet, Gateworld just released a thing all about the third series, and I was right it is to a ship, but Gelias was also right, it does have to do with galaxies way the hell out there....so....YEAH!
          [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
            Sweet, Gateworld just released a thing all about the third series, and I was right it is to a ship, but Gelias was also right, it does have to do with galaxies way the hell out there....so....YEAH!
            I figured this out nearly 4 years ago.

The premise sounds good. It makes sense that the destination would be a ship, otherwise there wouldn't be destination gate
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

what does the 9th chevron do? the 7th takes you to another planet, the 8th to another galaxy, but what could thr ninth take you to?
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                what does the 9th chevron do? the 7th takes you to another planet, the 8th to another galaxy, but what could thr ninth take you to?
                *takes Tom in a choke hold and starts slaming him against the wall*

Read *slam* The *slam* Damn *slam* Stikys! *slam*

(lol)
                Last edited by Crazy Tom; 05 April 2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I honestly hope it won't turn into Atlantis Jr. that bit about going to an older part of the universe...

Comment

Check the gateworld website, the 9th chevron connects to an Ancient starship sent on an exploration machine.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Oh my ! Top of the page.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=19184

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        I honestly hope it won't turn into Atlantis Jr. that bit about going to an older part of the universe...
                        I think the idea is that the ancients sent out these big automated ships to set up new gate networks in other galaxies. Most of these ships would have been sent off a long time ago, so there could be several galaxies out there that have fully operational stargates.
                        In the case of StarGate Universe, the ship is going to be like the SGC or Atlantis; it'll be the team headquarters and where they come through from Earth.

The thing I like about this concept is that this should be a galaxy (or galaxies) that the ancients never had a chance to visit, so it might be a chance to make the franchise fresh again.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                          Check the gateworld website, the 9th chevron connects to an Ancient starship sent on an exploration machine.
                          I'll add that the 9th chevron allows someone to travel much farther than using the 8th. The ship just happens to be where the gate is that Earth will connect to, like Atlantis was in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

i have no idea what i was thinking when i made this thread! i was half asleep when i made it so....i was being a complete idiot sorry folks!

....i gotta learn to wait until i fully wake up to post things .
                            sigpic

Comment

maybe it can take you to a gate on the other side of the universe. how the ancients would get one there, though, i have no idea.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's official!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...revealed.shtml

Stargate Universe Revealed!
                                Saturday - April 5, 2008 | by Darren Sumner & David Read

After much waiting, fans finally have the first solid info on just what Stargate Universe is all about! The third live-action television series in the Stargate franchise has been in the concept stage for more than a year now, and is being conceived by Stargate Atlantis co-creators Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper.

"The idea of Stargate Universe is that it is set on a ship that was part of an Ancient experiment that was set in motion probably millions of years ago -- one that they never saw to fruition, but that we can," Wright told GateWorld exclusively. "They got busy with the whole ascension thing."

The experiment is "to send a ship across the universe, and to send one ahead of it to seed the galaxies with Stargates, and that they would one day use the ninth chevron to get there [to the ship]. And that's what Stargate Universe is."

Millions of years ago (before their conflict with the Wraith and possibly even before they moved Atlantis to the Pegasus Galaxy), the show would reveal, the Ancients sent out two ships: an automated vessel to place Stargates throughout multiple galaxies in our universe, and a second ship to follow up and explore.

A standard, 7-symbol gate address allows for travel within the same galaxy. Use of the Stargate's eighth chevron allows for travel to a different galaxy. And the ninth chevron will allow the team to reach this second, still unmanned Ancient ship.
                                sigpic
                                Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Working...
                                X