This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Bit late - did you see who they cast to play Sheppard's ex wife?
    Who?
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...revealed.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan View Post
        Yeah ! I don't know if this theory is the good one, but it's VERY Interesting I think !

So ... At the time Earth had 2 Stargates, you dial off-world to go on Earth, and so you can select if you want to go to Ra's Egypt or the abandonned Antartica ... that's a quite good idea !
        People, dont you think that carter would have found the gate selector theory from the gate crystals(the operating system) when she was studying the gate.
        and as someone sayd the higher the chevrons go the more power the gate draws, so its kind of pointless, but atleast u came up with a theory.
        "FOR DISTANT WORLDS WE PLEDGE TO RESPECT"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daniel Jackson View Post
          People, dont you think that carter would have found the gate selector theory from the gate crystals(the operating system) when she was studying the gate.
          and as someone sayd the higher the chevrons go the more power the gate draws, so its kind of pointless, but atleast u came up with a theory.
          maybe not, all we know is that the eight chevrons draws more power than the seven. We don't know the that nine will take even more.
          Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by ebethman
          Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
          Originally posted by Bray
          *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
            maybe not, all we know is that the eight chevrons draws more power than the seven. We don't know the that nine will take even more.
            speking of which, does this power requirement rise exponentialy or linearly?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              speking of which, does this power requirement rise exponentialy or linearly?
              There's no way to tell with only two points of reference. And i think that it's different depending on which galexy you're going to

Spoiler:
              Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
              *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

Comment

i still say the "9th chevron" doesn't dial anywhere, or take up any power...

you dial it on it's own and it activates the stargate 'help' function

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post

M
                  Or the operator

Spoiler:
                  *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

Comment

M
                    Why would the stargate have a help function? Maybe it turns the gate into a bomb, it's the ultimate weapon, unless someone has beaming tech.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

M
                      that would be rudy usefull.

Comment

great theory love it

but if you dial to an other galaxy dont you dial the area first wich makes
                        AXXXXXXY...??
                        X-Location
                        A-"Area Code" (Galaxy Address)
                        Y-Point of Origin

because the gate adress to atlantis from earth starts with "pegasus"(the chevrons name)

http://www.geocities.com/sonix24079/sgc-atlantis.jpg
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 01 February 2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: picture too large

Comment

but it draws more power because the wormhole is longer not depending on how many chevons you dial...

Comment

Originally posted by pigletpie View Post
                            but it draws more power because the wormhole is longer not depending on how many chevons you dial...
                            That's what i'm saying, we don't know that an nine chevron adress will draw more power than one eight or seven because we don't know that the wormhole will be longer.

Spoiler:
                            *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

Comment

isn't SGU prety much SG1 but t egould
                              Spoiler:
                              have time travel?

if so i would asume that's what the 8th chevron's for.

Comment

This has most likely been suggested but I like being thorough, sometimes.

The ninth chevron could have been placed there by the Alterans in expectation of having another galaxy colonized or at least with a small network of stargates.

I don't think they had any presence in the Pegasus galaxy when they built the Milky Way's gate system.

However it could also be an additional, though optional, security feature for the gates. As in it is a sort of password protection for the connecting gate. Though that isn't very likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X