This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
    well i would imagine it to be something like you dial the 6 coords as your own gate, 2 diff chevs, and then your own point of origin..

basically opening up a gate to yourself, stick some kind of " power cords " into the gate and siphon power out to charge a ZPM.
    I think that we would have a problem trying to charge a zedpm with and extension cord that would take the rest of the universe to complete that recharge
    I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
    "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

I still laugh at the theories that the 9th chevron was for 1) going to other dimensions, 2) to recharge ZPMs, 3) for Time-travel

Like the whole Stargate device is designed to travel to other planets, again, designed to go other planets - why on Earth would it do something different to what it was built for?

It's like saying that cars' accelerator pedal are designed to wash farm animals.

If that sounds stupid, then think what it's like to hear anything other than that of the 9th chevron not being used for dialling to another planet, just like the other 8 chevrons on the Stargate device.

7 chevron is for planet in a local galaxy
      8 chevron is for planet in another galaxy
      9 chevron is no doubt for planet in another universe

You don't need maths to do that, all you need is common-sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
        I still laugh at the theories that the 9th chevron was for 1) going to other dimensions, 2) to recharge ZPMs, 3) for Time-travel

Like the whole Stargate device is designed to travel to other planets, again, designed to go other planets - why on Earth would it do something different to what it was built for?

It's like saying that cars' accelerator pedal are designed to wash farm animals.

If that sounds stupid, then think what it's like to hear anything other than that of the 9th chevron not being used for dialling to another planet, just like the other 8 chevrons on the Stargate device.

I may be completly wrong about this but in my understanding there is one univerce full of lots of galexies. Another univerce is an alternet univerce, (everything the same but a little bit different) and there a an infinite or near infinite number of alternet univerces and a finite number of combinations that a 9 cheveron stargate can dial.

For ripple affect
        Spoiler:
        But we do know that the gate can be used for inter universal travel in conjunction with an inter universal breach.
        Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by ebethman
        Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
        Originally posted by Bray
        *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post

Like the whole Stargate device is designed to travel to other planets[/b], again, designed to go other planets - why on Earth would it do something different to what it was built for?

i agree with this theory, that the 9th chevron is for travel to another/alternate universe as Robert C. Cooper has alrdy confirmed that the new, up-and-coming spin-off series Stargate: UNIVERSE will evolve around the 9th chevron. But that just my opinion, i guess we will just have to grit our teeth and wait to really find out

Comment

the 9th chevron is just another distance calculations nothing more so you all can stop making yourselves look like idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
              the 9th chevron is just another distance calculations nothing more so you all can stop making yourselves look like idiots.
              but depending on what theory you read, different universes could be on different branes, or just beyond the reaches of our universe in good ol' 3D space.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
                Well noone knows! The Ninth Chevron has not been used once in Stargate's history, it is the final unexplained mystery of the gate, at least the last major one. There are many theories, I personally think it could be the subject of a further spin-off, ofcourse all we know is that the Ninth Chevron will be the point of Origin
                I heard somewhere about a possible spin-off that deals with the ninth chevron... if not.. I hope that a future film deals it.... no doubt it would make a fantastic story...

Comment

Just a speculation but maybe the ninth chevron adds a distance calculation to other galaxy clusters like the one the Ori galaxy is in...

Comment

The point of threads like this is to spin through all different ideas and to see what creative things come up. It's just a bit of fun, try to keep an open mind. it's stargate, pritty much anything can happen, most of it wont but we don't care
                    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by ebethman
                    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                    Originally posted by Bray
                    *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                      I heard somewhere about a possible spin-off that deals with the ninth chevron... if not.. I hope that a future film deals it.... no doubt it would make a fantastic story...
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42267 you say it likes it's a little known rumour! TPTB went to pitch it to the network last week, no news yet though.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        but depending on what theory you read, different universes could be on different branes, or just beyond the reaches of our universe in good ol' 3D space.
                        Do you have any sources for this theory?
                        I have heard it before and even considered it for a while but I never found anything to back it up so I decided it was crap.

Comment

Originally posted by somme View Post
                          It's probably just distance.

Although it was never 100% confirmed, I think it's widely believed the ancients made the Quantum mirror, so it's doubtful the Stargate goes to alternate realities.

It's doubtful it's a time, just because.
                          /Signed to the first bit, also

I think its doubtful its time-travel, because if the ninth chevron allowed time travel, why would that rogue Ancient have built a time-travelling Jumper? (Its Good to be King and Moebius) We also know that the Ancients hihghly objected to time travel, so why would they make a network of stargates with time travel capability?
                          sigpic

Comment

Is it not possible that the 9th chevron allows for a sizing calculation to be bought in.

We know from "The Pegasus Project" that you can't just connect a normal milkyway or pegasus gate to a super gate, what adding the ninth allows you to connect, obviously with a large enough power source, which the Ancients would have had being able to create ZPM's.

Of course that wouldn't quite fit with the upcoming 3rd series, Universe, but hey, just throwing it out there.
                            Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

the ancient are that smart that the whuld not but the nine chevror for no resone
                              it most be to some please, meaby to that hidden wepons and thing daniel was lokking for in season 10 (bad gays and memento mori)just meaby

Comment

Actually that's another thought, what if the 9th chevron is a password or something like that for a protected gate network within the current gate system.

So the ancient weapons cache that Daniel was talking about in Bad Guys could be behind a protected gate that can only be connected to if the right 9 chevron combination is entered, then again, that would sort of go against the 8th chevron being a extra distance calculation.
                                Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Working...
                                X