Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU "The Complete Final Season" DVD Announced for Region 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there's a difference, but personally I can't say I've ever really noticed it. I don't think it's very obvious unless you're looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      I know there's a difference, but personally I can't say I've ever really noticed it. I don't think it's very obvious unless you're looking for it.
      I've never noticed it either, but recently I've been involved in some "classic Scifi" live rewatches with people around the globe, and that 4% DOES come into play over the course of a movie.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Carlyle and the music especially sound ridiculous after you've seen the show at normal speed. Thankfully, the season one Blu-Rays were just the same discs as the US release.

I took a risk and bought the first episode of the season from iTunes and it sounds fine. Sadly, it's not 1080p but it's better than the DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Freeman View Post
          Carlyle and the music especially sound ridiculous after you've seen the show at normal speed.
          I have seen the show at normal speed, I 'acquire' the episodes on the internet as they air before buying the DVD's, I'd never noticed a difference until someone point it out online.

Comment

i dont think that i will be getting the dvd because all of the special features will be online. and i already have all of the shows on itunes(HD). i do miss the volker and browdy bandter tho.
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt any of the commentaries will be online, and now that the series has been cancelled I expect MGM to crackdown on the Youtube videos too.

Comment

I am so happy, finally my dvd set arrived, gonna start watching it tonight with my dad!
                sigpic

Comment

They're release a full season release too, not sure if anyone has posted it?

Comment

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...nfflaa1500.jpg
                    I want!
                    sigpic

Comment

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...nfflaa1500.jpg
                      looks likes it's for region 2, anyone know when its going to come out for the US?

Comment

Got my set For only £34 pounds at a local Asda shop, quite the deal if you ask me. And a reasonable price for a COMPLETE Season boxed set

Comment

Just got my Region 2 Season 2 there today. Its just too sad, that's it, I own all the Stargate there is, bar Infinity ! What do i buy now ?
                          sigpic
                          What a show !

Comment

Not Infinity

Comment

I regret being pretty critical of Season 1, I suppose because I felt SGU writers were trying to emulate BSG (Galactica 2003) and it's tendency to be soapy and gritty, but after season 2 came out and rewatching Season 1 on DVD, I completely retract any disdain I had expressed for this series. It's funny how you take something for granted until it's taken away. I love anything Stargate and have been an avid fan since the 1994 movie, and I am part of the probably futile attempt to bring the franchise back, even to trying to convince financiers to help me make that happen. I have both sets of SGU DVDs and I am glad I got them. If you haven't yet gotten this last Stargate incarnation, do so ASAP. Amazon has them, but you can also get pretty good deals on both Season 1 and 2 on ebay. Own it. It's worth it, trust me. I've been in the film business as a producer and historian since 1978 and SGU is a great series.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogency1 View Post
                                I regret being pretty critical of Season 1, I suppose because I felt SGU writers were trying to emulate BSG (Galactica 2003) and it's tendency to be soapy and gritty, but after season 2 came out and rewatching Season 1 on DVD, I completely retract any disdain I had expressed for this series. It's funny how you take something for granted until it's taken away. I love anything Stargate and have been an avid fan since the 1994 movie, and I am part of the probably futile attempt to bring the franchise back, even to trying to convince financiers to help me make that happen. I have both sets of SGU DVDs and I am glad I got them. If you haven't yet gotten this last Stargate incarnation, do so ASAP. Amazon has them, but you can also get pretty good deals on both Season 1 and 2 on ebay. Own it. It's worth it, trust me. I've been in the film business as a producer and historian since 1978 and SGU is a great series.
                                Welcome to the fold!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X