Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU "The Complete Final Season" DVD Announced for Region 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't announced it yet, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Pretty damn stupid of them if they don't, though. The poster above is right--having to go down to DVD from BD is like going back to VHS. No thanks. If they want my money, put it out in the format that meets current video and audio standards.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Aren't most Bluray players region free? Just import the UK one.

Comment

Most BD players require a chip to be installed to make them multi-region.

Thankfully most studios release titles region free including SG Universe Season 1 so there is a good chance Season 2 will also be region free.

I have pre-ordered the UK release from the link below for £39.99 which is the lowest I have found it so far.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E10903520

Comment

I wont buy a bluray player because I am really happy with my dvd player! No need to upgrade.. yet... I cant wait to hold my SG:U Season 2 DVD Set in my arms.. two more months to go for me..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            I wont buy a bluray player because I am really happy with my dvd player! No need to upgrade.. yet... I cant wait to hold my SG:U Season 2 DVD Set in my arms.. two more months to go for me..
            I am the same way... I won't upgrade to Blue ray till i have little to no choice.

Comment

Could anyone with the DVD list who does the commentaries and for which episodes please? TIA.

Comment

YAY.. got mine yesterday (well sat)

Comment

I should get my copy today!
                  sigpic
                  Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

It got here! I'm so excited - I have an big bunch of work stuff to do for the next 2 weeks, but after that, I'm doing my own private SGU complete re-watch - season 1 and season 2. And I can't wait for the extras (I'll probably ration them out to make them last longer).

At least now I have my DVDs . . . .
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00 View Post
                      Most BD players require a chip to be installed to make them multi-region.

Thankfully most studios release titles region free including SG Universe Season 1 so there is a good chance Season 2 will also be region free.

I have pre-ordered the UK release from the link below for £39.99 which is the lowest I have found it so far.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.c...duct=E10903520

I contacted Amazon UK and they said:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I understand that you would like to purchase this item " Stargate Universe - Season 2 [Blu-ray]".

After looking into your enquiry I found that this item is Region B blu ray, so it can be played only in Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

I was hoping the same thing as you but unfortunately it's not the case
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dacooker
                      The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

gotta love canadian products...

freedom fries...

Sad when your knowledge of french is limited to street sights. Arret. (aka stop)

Hopefully there will be a complete box set (bluray) by Xmas. (note to self: stop being optimisitic)

Comment

My copy was just sent, it should arrive within two weeks...
                          sigpic

Comment

Heres the review by Dan Heaton titled The End Was All Too Near: 'Stargate Universe: The Complete Final Season'
                            http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/...-final-season/

It was just put up today, ehh another opinion but its a good review of the dvds'.

Comment

I waited one month for my order to arrive... (((( from the us.. its still not here! hope when they reship it it will arrive with in two weeks! Damn... this was frakked up big time!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                                I contacted Amazon UK and they said:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I understand that you would like to purchase this item " Stargate Universe - Season 2 [Blu-ray]".

After looking into your enquiry I found that this item is Region B blu ray, so it can be played only in Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

I was hoping the same thing as you but unfortunately it's not the case
                                The UK Blu-Ray release has been cancelled too. I pre-ordered it ages ago, but a few days ago Amazon sent me an e-mail telling me it's cancelled with a £5 gift certificate to knock off the price of the DVD release.

Unfortunately, UK DVD releases of NTSC TV shows suffer from the accursed 4% PAL speed-up problem so that's not an option for me. (If you want an example, listen to Robert Carlyle's voice on a Blu-Ray or other US sourced copy of an episode and then on Sky One broadcast of the same episode)

Comment

Working...
                                X