Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe Season 2 Boxset (Region 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked Amazon.co.uk and the release date has been pushed back to August 29th...

Comment

**** sake.

Comment

Damn. Damn. Damn. Well... What can we do?

I just ordered mine from the US.... could not wait until late August..sorry! *makes happy dance* should arrive early July
        Last edited by Sp!der; 11 June 2011, 08:33 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          Damn. Damn. Damn. Well... What can we do?

I just ordered mine from the US.... could not wait until late August..sorry! *makes happy dance* should arrive early July
          I can understand that, I would order it from the U.S. but my DVR don´t like different Land codes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
            I can understand that, I would order it from the U.S. but my DVR don´t like different Land codes.
            I am watching on my notebook or PS3 (from a friend) on your notebook it should work?
            sigpic

Comment

what?

sorry for being an idoit...... but why the push back?

Comment

No idea. Could be a manufacturing issue. All they said was that their supplier has pushed the date back.

Comment

With the release being pushed back, has anyone else noticed BluRay orders cancelled?

My BluRay one on Play.com is no longer existing :/

Comment

i did notice on amazon that the blu ray release is currently unavailible

Comment

Amazon just cannceld my preorder of the season 2 blu ray set.
                      Too bad as i don't intend to get it on dvd

Comment

Well it looks like I will be sticking with netflix until the entire series comes to blu-ray which it will some time in the future.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good thing i didn't convert to using blueray..

Comment

i'll be getting it on dvd and hoping for a future blu ray release

Comment

I don't want this on DVD. Season one was one of my 'show off how good HD TV can look' discs.

Also, there is the problem that Region 2 discs suffer from the same PAL speed-up problems that the Sky One broadcasts do. Does anyone know if the HD iTunes releases have the same problem?

For those that don't know, UK broadcasts of American shows are sped up by 4% to deal with the difference between the 60hz NTSC broadcast system America uses and the 50hz PAL one we use. This still applies with HD shows on Sky as they are simulcast in SD. This leads to voices sounding high pitched - Robert Carlyle is the most noticeable.

The previews on iTunes sound okay, but I wondered if anyone else had tried them.

Comment

would 4% actually do that? 4% sounds like nothing to me

the DVDs have a wealth of EXTRAS, I have enjoyed them enormously

there is been a definite effort to do interviews with the crew AS THEY film the episodes and it shows on the DVDs

the commentaries are also enjoyable to switch on after you have seen the episode - David Blue is on quite a few

I watched the series 1 DVDs so many times I am not sure I could watch them for a long time now, just know them too well now

Comment

Working...
                                X