X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    "I haven't been a huge fan to date"

"Everything has been so so negative"

"It seems like they start down a plot line and immediately solve it within in an episode and never let it linger and really have emotional heft to it you know? a team gets left behind on a planet and have to find some way back to the ship and at the end of the next episode they just sort of "yeah okay they're back" no problem or this guys kidnapped and oh wait aliens brought him back no problem - that has frustrated me about SGU."

They also questioned some of the story in regards to Chloe suggesting they didn't think it made sense.

But I guess they didnt say any of that since I'm just seeing what I want to see
    No, I'm sure they did say all of that. Comments that interspersed overwhelming praise. The general opinion they put forward was one that I share - that SGU and Fringe are the best sci-fi on TV right now. You've just clung on to what little criticism there was there, and formed an opinion based on it.

Also, how is "Everything has been so so negative" a criticism?
    Last edited by KEK; 05 November 2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      No, I'm sure they did say all of that. Comments that interspersed overwhelming praise. The general opinion they put forward was one that I share - that SGU and Fringe are the best sci-fi on TV right now. You've just clung on to what little criticism there was there, and formed an opinion based on it.
      The only one who praised it was the host, I haven't clung to anything - those comments are from 3 different people on the podcast. He kicked up the praise in the interview with JM but do we really expect otherwise when you have one of the shows executive producers on the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        The only one who praised it was the host, I haven't clung to anything - those comments are from 3 different people on the podcast.
        Only one of those comments is actually anything like a criticism. And the host was not the only one who praised it, Lisa Spindler did too and another voice who I couldn't make out when the host called it the next big thing after BSG. And that's just from clicking through quickly. They all seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the series, more so than any other apart from Fringe.

He kicked up the praise in the interview with JM but do we really expect otherwise when you have one of the shows executive producers on the show?
        If they didn't generally like the show why would they bother having him on at all?

And I'm not sure who wrote it, but this is what they said in an article about the season 2 trailer long before this podcast:

The new Fall TV season is now underway, with many new and returning SF/F shows to choose from. The one that I am probably looking forward to the most is the return of Stargate Universe.
        http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/201...miere-trailer/

Comment

I didn't say they "didn't generally like the show", twice now I have pointed out that they just weren't impressed (other than the host).

Comment

Good interview! Gotta love Joe's pug.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X