SGU 1.5 DVD Review ( @ Popmatters.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU 1.5 DVD Review ( @ Popmatters.com)

Hi all. If anyone's interested, my lengthy article on the Season 1.5 DVDs is up on PopMatters. I'd love to see some comments from my fellow fans (and critics) out there on the site. Here it is:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/...verse-sgu-1.5/

Cheers!

Thanks for posting your review here. I love it. I really feel like you get the show. I wish all others could see the beauty of the show like you do. I think so many people want this to be the next SG-1 and Atlantis but its not. I do believe season 1 could have been a little different to hold the casual viewers in who might give up on the series too soon because they feel it might change. Set up is good, but sometimes the set up was tedious, and maybe not vital. However, I believe its just setting up things for season 2 and when we get to the cool payoff eps, the set up eps will be entirely worth it. I also agree that the more you rewatch SGU, the better it becomes. At first I hated darkness and thought it was tedious and drawn out and filled with crap. However, I rewatched the episode with an open mind, and since then ive rewatched it several more times and seem to enjoy the ep more and more every time I do so (especially Carlyle and Ferrerias acting).

I wish others wouldn't give up on SGU so easily and I wish they would actually rewatch it so they can catch all the awesome parts they missed the first time around.
    sigpic

Comment

Very well written in my opinion. Agree with just about everything you said.

There were some little issues storyline wise that annoyed me from time to time. For example how quickly Eli/Scott/Chloe & Rush got back to the Destiny after being stranded, I was expecting more than back an episode later. In 'Divided' I was expecting a bigger clash after all the tension being built up between both sides, not one bullet was fired during the whole coup. In 'Sabotage' I would have liked to of seen the actual sabotage being done and seeing James come to realisation that she done it (Seeing flashbacks of herself doing it would of been enough for me). They also could have made the balance between drama and action a little better at times, been shown that the episodes with the most drama: 'Life' & 'Earth' were the least well received.

But as a whole I'm really enjoying SGU and the back 10 were certainly an improvement over the first. As long as we continue at this pace and not have more episodes with just as much drama as 'Life' & 'Earth' it will be fab

Comment

Working...
      X