• Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://craig-mcgill.com/2009/01/03/l...t-one-totally/

excerpt on article on DOCTOR WHO casting (new doctor has been cast, if you
    didn't know)...

Three last thoughts:

1) This has been interesting to watch from a PR point of view. I’d love to
    chat to the person who devised the strategy for it.

2) If Robert Carlyle had got the gig - along with Stargate: Universe - he would never have had to work again and could have retired on convention appearances.

3) I wonder how many blogs got a spike from this over the last few days. I
    know I did - was there something here more businesses could have worked in to boost their online presence?

FULL ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

It strikes me that Robert Carlyle doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would "do" conventions.

Although I'll be quite happy to be proved wrong.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        It strikes me that Robert Carlyle doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would "do" conventions.

Although I'll be quite happy to be proved wrong.
        Ditto! MGM may force him to do Comic Con to promote the show, but I don't think he'll be doing the Creation route

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Ditto! MGM may force him to do Comic Con to promote the show, but I don't think he'll be doing the Creation route
          Oh, I'd love for Bryan Cooney of Wolf Events try to get him to do a con in the UK.

"Yeah, ok. But only if it's in Scotland."

That'd be a poke in the eye for those persons who seem to think Scotland is some vast cultureless wasteland.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Oh, I'd love for Bryan Cooney of Wolf Events try to get him to do a con in the UK.

"Yeah, ok. But only if it's in Scotland."

That'd be a poke in the eye for those persons who seem to think Scotland is some vast cultureless wasteland.
            Just cuz you guys deep fry Mars bars? I visited Scotland many moons ago and liked it, except for the real cold bathrooms!

Comment

Just watched Carlyle in 24:Redemption last night. He did some great work. I hope he keeps the accent.

If you saw 24:Redemption, which I totally recommend if you did not...

Spoiler:
              His character is killed in a really heroic and different way
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Just watched Carlyle in 24:Redemption last night. He did some great work. I hope he keeps the accent.

If you saw 24:Redemption, which I totally recommend if you did not...

Spoiler:
                His character is killed in a really heroic and different way
                I watched it just so I could see who Carlyle was. He's a pretty good actor and was very enjoyable to watch!
                Spoiler:
                You knew he was most likely going to get killed off as most of the characters of 24 do end up that way. Really glad they did it with him buying time for the others to get away.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Saw 24: Redemption the other night. Robert was excelent in the show.
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                  GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                  FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                    Agreed. Sort snored through the rest though

Comment

I was gonna mock you (as I'm a filthy sassanach scunner) but after Liverpool was Euro Culture Capital 2008, I'm not sure what constitutes "cultural" anymore!!!
                      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                        I watched it just so I could see who Carlyle was. He's a pretty good actor and was very enjoyable to watch!
                        Spoiler:
                        You knew he was most likely going to get killed off as most of the characters of 24 do end up that way. Really glad they did it with him buying time for the others to get away.
                        Spoiler:
                        It was a shame, he could of been in a few more eps in the series, but he did have a very big part and he did go out a hero.

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                        Yeah, he was really good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                          I was gonna mock you (as I'm a filthy sassanach scunner) but after Liverpool was Euro Culture Capital 2008, I'm not sure what constitutes "cultural" anymore!!!
                          Says someone from Manchester...!

Comment

Extensive profile of Robert Carlyle here

http://foreignfilms.suite101.com/art...robert_carlyle

and then go here for filmogrpahy

http://british-films.suite101.com/ar...robert_carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                              Liverpool gave the world the Beatles.

Scotland gave the world Billy Connolly.

I consider that a fair swap.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                It was a shame, he could of been in a few more eps in the series, but he did have a very big part and he did go out a hero.
                                I agree. He would have been great with a running arch in the show.

However any actor working on 24 has to expect that his character will die as the majority of them do die. I think the issue would be who ends up with the best and most dramatic death and Carlyle's character is up there as one of the better ones!

I will have to check out some of his other work.
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X