No announcement yet.

303 and 304 Building Logistics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ McAvoy I agree with you. With the internal shots of the bays showing the 302's positioned at an angle of lets say 45degrees inside the bay. with a wing span of 21 m and giving appx 2-3m of extra space beyond the wingtips a 302 would fit comfortably within a space that is 18.29m on each side. that's 334.52m^2 now taking that into consideration and assuming at least 4m between each parking zone for repair equipment and armament movement as well as replacement parts then and assuming that the 302 situated closest to the front of the bay is at least 20m from the doors and the last 302 is at least 20 m from the rear of the bay and according to SGA S2 Ep2: The Intruder all 302 are apparently stored in one bay with 8 on each side of the bay then the bay at minimum is at least 214.32m in length and that's not including the area behind the bay for the engines that come out of the back of the out rigger section.

Now if we assume that there are only 8 302's per bay then each bay is 125.16m in length again not including the engine portion of the out rigger.

Now if we were to include the engine portion of the outrigger then I would add at least another 50-75m to the total length. that would give us between 175.16m to 289.32m in length. And that's just for the outriggers. and of course all this calculation is assuming that the measurements for the 302 on the SG wikia are correct.

now with the main section of the 304 seeming to be anywhere from 1/2 again to 2x the length of the outriggers that would make the 304 anywhere from 262.74m to 578.64m in length. personally I would prefer the average of those 2 extremes @ 420.69m

for those of us that prefer the imperial system over the metric system that would be 1380.22ft

which is still shorter in length than the largest oil tanker on the seas today which is the seawise giant at 458.46 m (1,504.1 ft)
    Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 27 September 2014, 12:32 AM.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
      @ McAvoy I agree with you. With the internal shots of the bays showing the 302's positioned at an angle of lets say 45degrees inside the bay. with a wing span of 21 m and giving appx 2-3m of extra space beyond the wingtips a 302 would fit comfortably within a space that is 18.29m on each side. that's 334.52m^2 now taking that into consideration and assuming at least 4m between each parking zone for repair equipment and armament movement as well as replacement parts then and assuming that the 302 situated closest to the front of the bay is at least 20m from the doors and the last 302 is at least 20 m from the rear of the bay and according to SGA S2 Ep2: The Intruder all 302 are apparently stored in one bay with 8 on each side of the bay then the bay at minimum is at least 214.32m in length and that's not including the area behind the bay for the engines that come out of the back of the out rigger section.

Now if we assume that there are only 8 302's per bay then each bay is 125.16m in length again not including the engine portion of the out rigger.

Now if we were to include the engine portion of the outrigger then I would add at least another 50-75m to the total length. that would give us between 175.16m to 289.32m in length. And that's just for the outriggers. and of course all this calculation is assuming that the measurements for the 302 on the SG wikia are correct.

now with the main section of the 304 seeming to be anywhere from 1/2 again to 2x the length of the outriggers that would make the 304 anywhere from 262.74m to 578.64m in length. personally I would prefer the average of those 2 extremes @ 420.69m

for those of us that prefer the imperial system over the metric system that would be 1380.22ft

which is still shorter in length than the largest oil tanker on the seas today which is the seawise giant at 458.46 m (1,504.1 ft)
      Nice to see someone agrees with me and actually did some of their own research that coincides with what I figured out.

Forgot about the Intruder episode.
      Hi There!

Comment

Working...
      X