starcraft 2 Yamamoto Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starcraft 2 Yamamoto Cannon

While playing starcraft I noted that asgard shield techology with inertial dampening should be able to duplicate the yamamoto cannon weapon. Think of a 50 kton nuclear (fusion would be best) weapon detonated in a energy vessel with an outlet nozzle.

The weapon would work by loading a tiny nuke with a large piece of rock inside the energy vessel. The detonation would produce a blast (with plasma and hard radiation) that would be shot out of a nozzle. A pencil thin stream of matter at near relativistic speeds. This would be like coronal mass ejection "bullets". It would suck if the inertial dampers or shielding failed during the shot though.

While playing starcraft I noted that asgard shield techology with inertial dampening should be able to duplicate the yamamoto cannon weapon. Think of a 50 kton nuclear (fusion would be best) weapon detonated in a energy vessel with an outlet nozzle.

The weapon would work by loading a tiny nuke with a large piece of rock inside the energy vessel. The detonation would produce a blast (with plasma and hard radiation) that would be shot out of a nozzle. A pencil thin stream of matter at near relativistic speeds. This would be like coronal mass ejection "bullets". It would suck if the inertial dampers or shielding failed during the shot though
    plasma weapons are more powerful (MT range)

Comment

Oh I get that. An uberbeam is probably 10 tons of matter disentigrated and propelled with a magnetic or other pulse. I was looking for something a little less power hungry than an uberbeam.

Comment

no even ha'tak weapons are MT range. and since Naquahdah is more energetic than Amat, power isn't the problem here.

Comment

Hehe... Killman, might want to explain what amat is. It's still a fairly obscure short form.

Comment

if we persist it'll become common

Comment

its antimatter right

Comment

yup

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  if we persist it'll become common
                  Memetic warfare.. hehehe...

Comment

Working...