Kull Disruptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kull Disruptor

How does the kull disruptor work? And I know how it counters the lifegiving energy of the ancient device used to animate them, what I mean is the energy still has to hit the animated body. How come their armor doesn't absorb it just like any other energy weapon. We know there's no bleedthrough. So why does it work?

cuz its a plot weapon

Comment

How very helpful. My point was do you think there are frequencies or types of energy that aren't absorbed at least not completely? I know what happened in the VR in avatar can't be considered as canon in reality but it seemed to suggest that the armor is not able to absorb the energy from the kull disruptor, as in avatar the armor was modified to do so. So is the armor perhaps only useful against certain types of energy, that which is usually used as a weapon, while other types will not be absorbed. It's possible certain frequencies can pass through it depending on how it works. Any thoughts?

Comment

The suit probably absorbs any energy directed at it and dissipates it across the suit, the disruptor probably uses energy which is the opposite of the energy used to animate it, which even though the suit absorbs it, the energy still gets through and kills them .

Comment

That made absolutely no sense. What a waste of a post, why would anyone wear an energy absorbing suit if the energy still gets through? We know from carter's direct quote that even multiple staff and zat blasts leave no measurable effect on the body through the suit. Obviously the energy pulse from the disruptor is not absorbed? The question is why or how does it get through? I'm just looking for theories as always on this forum there's no real right answer although as evidenced by the previous poster there's always a plethora of wrong ones.

Comment

Glass is transparent to visible light but it's opaque to Infrared.

Kull were designed to stop common weapons, and the Disruptor isn't common

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
              That made absolutely no sense. What a waste of a post, why would anyone wear an energy absorbing suit if the energy still gets through? We know from carter's direct quote that even multiple staff and zat blasts leave no measurable effect on the body through the suit. Obviously the energy pulse from the disruptor is not absorbed? The question is why or how does it get through? I'm just looking for theories as always on this forum there's no real right answer although as evidenced by the previous poster there's always a plethora of wrong ones.
              wow can i have some attitude with that response.

i meant that there is no way a physical barrier could POSSIBLY stop all forms of energy, energy would STILL get through, the armour would only dissipate part of the energy, enough so that it wouldnt kill the warrior, the disruptor would create energy that counters how they were created.

Comment

That energy forms a radiation when it hits the armor and that type of radiation is the opposite of the healing energy . Now if i get a response that aggressive , i won't be nice
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I would agree with killman that it absorbs forms of energy probably emcompassed by energy weapon discharge as well as massive amounts of kinetic energy. However ecosys, what I meant was there is no apparent bleed through of anything else, otherwise with multiple staff of zat blasts or the massive amounts of kinetic energy we've seen them endure at the hands of c4, would have some cumulative or visible effect. However c4 didnt even stagger the warrior and two goauld and their jaffa were unable to inflict any damage. Which means it seems to completely, not partially absorb massive amounts of weapon and kinetic energy.

If other types such as the disruptor can get through what effects to you think you could cause a human wearing a suit? Something biologically debilitating maybe? Stop the heart? I was just trying to think how you'd stop a human wearing one if you know you can get some type of energy through the suit.

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
                    I would agree with killman that it absorbs forms of energy probably emcompassed by energy weapon discharge as well as massive amounts of kinetic energy. However ecosys, what I meant was there is no apparent bleed through of anything else, otherwise with multiple staff of zat blasts or the massive amounts of kinetic energy we've seen them endure at the hands of c4, would have some cumulative or visible effect. However c4 didnt even stagger the warrior and two goauld and their jaffa were unable to inflict any damage. Which means it seems to completely, not partially absorb massive amounts of weapon and kinetic energy.

If other types such as the disruptor can get through what effects to you think you could cause a human wearing a suit? Something biologically debilitating maybe? Stop the heart? I was just trying to think how you'd stop a human wearing one if you know you can get some type of energy through the suit.
                    i disagree, srditer3378, i think that there is a differnece between an explosion (from C4) and energy weapons, C4 would lose a lot of energy in the explosion while energy weapons direct the whole amount at one point, a disruptor just uses a type of energy that counter the way the kull warriors were created.

Comment

as far as the disrupter is concerned i figured this one out within minutes of seing it on screen, the tauri and the tokra have a kull warriors armor, its fair to conclude they studied it when trying to come up with disruptor, that way they could be sure the energy would pass through it, anubis was smart but he wasnt infallable,

Comment

That seems to be the general consensus. So how would you take down a human wearing it? And I know theres a difference between energy weapons and an explosion hence why I mention kinetic energy, however energy weapons impart this aswell, we've seen people struck by staff weapons thrown backwards, it's like bullet proof vests, they stop the penetration but the kinetic energy has to go somewhere. The kulls don't flinch or get slowed down by enormous amounts of weapons fire, the armor not only protects it from the initial strike but also the kinetic energy imparted by a weapon strike.

Comment

Well a normal human wearing it could be brought down whit a trinium arrow , remember that the normal disruptor didn't work on Vala
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Yeah but most SG teams don't carry arrows. I meant some energy can get past the armor, what sort of effect could you use to incapacitate a human wearing the armor.

Comment

No energy , the disruptor is the only energy the disrupts the radiation that brought the kull to live , and i don't think that most SG teams carry the disruptor , so if normal humans would start to use kull costumes , the SG teams would be equipped whit trinium darts .
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                              X