Ancient Medical Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Medical Technology

In Stargate SG-1 we get to see an aspect of Ancient Medical Technology with the amazing Ancient Healing Device, a rather small cube-shaped object.

I'm just wonderin if this device was supposed to be able to cure an ailment completely or if it sometimes could only accelerate the body's natural healing process/ reduce the severity of an ailment initially. I've heard theories that it regenerates bodily tissues. Wonder if it can reverse aging/sustain a humanoid forever since it was nicknamed the Fountain of Youth.

Moving on, in in Stargate Atlantis, we get too see other medical technology like the Ancient over-the-body scanner and a defibrillator. So I'm wondering if those cubes were in short supply or not a 100% solution so they and to use other means. They could be using the body scanner to determine how bad the injury or ailment is so they can calibrate the device's settings.

Anybody wonder if the Ancients had physicians/surgeons then?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    In Stargate SG-1 we get to see an aspect of Ancient Medical Technology with the amazing Ancient Healing Device, a rather small cube-shaped object.

I'm just wonderin if this device was supposed to be able to cure an ailment completely or if it sometimes could only accelerate the body's natural healing process/ reduce the severity of an ailment initially. I've heard theories that it regenerates bodily tissues. Wonder if it can reverse aging/sustain a humanoid forever since it was nicknamed the Fountain of Youth.

Moving on, in in Stargate Atlantis, we get too see other medical technology like the Ancient over-the-body scanner and a defibrillator. So I'm wondering if those cubes were in short supply or not a 100% solution so they and to use other means. They could be using the body scanner to determine how bad the injury or ailment is so they can calibrate the device's settings.

Anybody wonder if the Ancients had physicians/surgeons then?
    we saw no ancient debifrillator, that was ours. we have seen some ancient medicine 'people' in Echoes but we dont know much else

Comment

there is actually a thread kind of about this

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...pon-Their-Tech

if you look at one of the first few posts by tep, he has a good explanation for what happened from Milky Way to Pegasus

EDIT: Just noticed you started the other thread but you should read it, if you haven't I think it explains your question
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
      X