Potassium for a nuke ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potassium for a nuke ?

ok i was seeing some episodes from season 1 and it comes to my mind that naquada + potassium make a huge boom , and let me quote a episode
    CARTER: I'm about to do an experiment to find out. One side of the object is made up of iron and potassium. The other is made up of the element that makes up the Stargate. [...]

CARTER: Now potassium can be one of the most volatile alkali metals on earth. Combined with even a small concentration of naquada and...
    [...]
    CARTER: The room your looking at is in the sub-basement floor of this complex. (Well look into the computer screen and see a table with two robot arms going towards each other.) It's led sealed. Let's see what happens when we put the two objects together.

JACKSON: Where are the samples?

CARTER: I'm only using a microscopic particle of each. (The two arms go together and a bright flash of light, a boom and the camera is dead. We can only see snow as a picture.)

FRAISER: The readings off the scale, Gamma and particle radiation.

JACKSON: Are we safe?

CARTER: Yeah. But we have a big problem.

JACKSON: Well if two microscopic particle could cause that...

CARTER: Then the object inside Cassandra could cause a nuclear reaction a million times bigger.

so if something that small can cause that big blast , why don't they use it on warheads ?
    or do they have a bigger method to go KABOOM
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Well it's hard for them to make a weapon as small as Cassandra's chest bomb without knowing how to make one. It's not just an issue of sticking the components together, but making the device. Cassandra's was probably nanotech based since it grew from nothing and could kill her if removed.

Besides, nuke + naquadah = planetary fireball. In s9 of SG1, one was used by a Prior to help make a black hole. Can't beat that.

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes smaller is better. If they really wanted a smaller blast, they could use a potassium/naquadah bomb. Though I'd like to see a francium/naquadah or a cesium/naquadah bomb.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

id wager that the volatile nature of the two materials means that you cant really control it, once its ready to blow thats it. while an overload caused in a reaction can be controlled a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          id wager that the volatile nature of the two materials means that you cant really control it, once its ready to blow thats it. while an overload caused in a reaction can be controlled a lot easier.
          Oh I agree. I'm just saying that if it's a choice between a Mark IX and a Potassium/Naquadah bomb, and you want a smaller yield explosion, go with the K/Naq bomb.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

well i was thinking that a mark IX would be totally left behind by it's equivalent in size made of naquadria/cesium
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
              well i was thinking that a mark IX would be totally left behind by it's equivalent in size made of naquadria/cesium
              It's really all up to the writers. No doubt they forgot all about that little tidbit.

sigpic

Comment

Yeap and some tiny bits also why don't goa'ulds use nukes ?
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

Comment

Because they want to rule worlds, not obliterate them. If they have an enemy, most likely that enemy would be behind energy shields which the nuke would annoy them as much as the enemy due to the interfering radiation.

sigpic

Comment

they rely on advance plasma weapons

Comment

well on orbital bombardment , that would be very good , also gate nuking would be even better
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

i think the reaction of naquadah and potassium has to do with potassiums natural reaction to oxygen, and the magnification with the naquadah, essentially what your doing is making fire, while a nuclear reaction is a lot more powerful. imagine it like mixing fire with petrol, yes it burns better but what happens when you throw in some napalm and watch it go release more energy.

ii think a naquadah bomb is more about destruction than explosions.

Comment

well i think you don't need a oxygen in Cassandra's blood well except that inside the hemoglobin but still , think about cesium + water , i think that it's the reaction of naq whit of a reactive metal , and making napalm it's not that hard
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

well i think you don't need a oxygen in Cassandra's blood well except that inside the hemoglobin but still , think about cesium + water , i think that it's the reaction of naq whit of a reactive metal , and making napalm it's not that hard
                            that was an analogy. and no i dont think anyone else thinks that a cesium/naq mix could make a bigger explosion that a naq bomb.

Comment

cesium is much more reactive , it goes boom whit water , imagine that whit naq or naquadria
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                              X