No announcement yet.

Off-world war factory and recruitment base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really say that it's a dumb idea. It will work, but only for a while, and will backfire eventually. It just isn't worth the risks in the long run.

Edit: And thekillman apparently is faster at pressing "Post" button.
    MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

I agree replicating ships is not without its draw backs but i think it would be worth it over ordinary building methords.
      IMO the only better way to build ships would be if we industrial matter conversion tech going.

Comment

Self replicating ships are actually the most effective method of waging war in the SG verse we've seen to date. Look at what the replicators accomplished.

All weapons are inherently dangerous, to both yourself and your enemy, it's a questions of how much more dangerous they are to him than to you.

Comment

and armed with that wisdom, i say, "we're fighting weak enemies. we don;t need nanite building".

besides, the old fashioned way helps the economy. and it's not THAT bad. if we continue this growth, we'd need to reveal the gate soon.

with our current ships and weapons, we are doing fine. i'd only consider using the mother of all weapons against ori-like enemies. yes, i support the IOA in "AOT" except i'd have beamed the replicator DIRECTLY on the ori mothership.

Comment

Actually, with something like four ships(?) Earth is extremely vulnerable. Their good for precision strikes, but they can't fight guerrilla style forces like the Lucian Alliance, which seems to be getting boulder.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              and armed with that wisdom, i say, "we're fighting weak enemies. we don;t need nanite building".

besides, the old fashioned way helps the economy. and it's not THAT bad. if we continue this growth, we'd need to reveal the gate soon.

with our current ships and weapons, we are doing fine. i'd only consider using the mother of all weapons against ori-like enemies. yes, i support the IOA in "AOT" except i'd have beamed the replicator DIRECTLY on the ori mothership.
              And the advantage of such a thing is that we possess the only weapon that can destroy them.
              Shoot Replicators into enemy ship, wait for them to wreck enough damage then fire the ARG. It will take down both the bugs and the systems they have started to hack.

And well back to the original post : why do we need to build an off-world factory with all that hassle? We have our solar system and Abydos and Heliopolis solar systems not far. The closer to Earth the better it is.
              Recruitment base? no need. Since we have the knowledge of two smart alien races we could just upgrade our ships to make them more effective against the hastily made Ha'tak.
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

And the advantage of such a thing is that we possess the only weapon that can destroy them.
                Shoot Replicators into enemy ship, wait for them to wreck enough damage then fire the ARG. It will take down both the bugs and the systems they have started to hack.
                i think the existence of all replitech is better off destroyed.

And well back to the original post : why do we need to build an off-world factory with all that hassle? We have our solar system and Abydos and Heliopolis solar systems not far. The closer to Earth the better it is.
                i don't really know about abydos but it was destroyed.

Heliopolis: no idea.

i think our current shipyards are enough

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  i think the existence of all replitech is better off destroyed.

i don't really know about abydos but it was destroyed.

Heliopolis: no idea.

i think our current shipyards are enough
                  Even if we suppose that Anubis ship was strong enough to destroy the planet, there are still other planets in the vicinity of Abydos that must contain significant amount of naquadah and other ore. And maybe even some naquadria.

It seemed to me that we only have one shipyard.
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

wait, how would you beam a replicator on the ori ship, i thought shields blocked the beaming
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

we have the beams, silly.

shoot 3 times at the shield, then blast at whater emits the most energy. ONCE. then, the shields are most likely down. if not, well, they were being shot at by 4 ori motherships. just try again.

Comment

Working...
                      X