Our own super soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
    You're right and wrong. A knife is useful for dozens of things, none of which is close combat.

Also whoever was arguing for from birth trained killing machines needs to take a reality check. Citizen soldier>Spartan. There is a reason Athens always won and it wasn't just the navy.
    Try numbers.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      I don't know, I hang on to the here and now pretty dearly.

The morality of it is rather vague, it's moral to convince somebody to agree with you by appealing to their desires and convincing them that something is in their best interest, the Ark simply takes it a step further, it's propaganda on steroids.
      But it washes away free will. It isn't a choice.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      i think free will is important. we don't have full free will, there are laws. but forcibly changing one's vision without knowing you've ever thought different.

i know of fanwank.

but it's not entirely fanwank. most people simply desire designs that cost too much. practically anyhting with "ancient" and "asgard" in it, requires reverse engineering stuff we don't know the working of, or requires the Core to be made. my designs all require goauld tech, which has proven to be the closest tech to ours. accessible, but not easy
      Actually, I think Traveller tech is closer to our own, because of their circuitry and stuff.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

but not as easily accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          but not as easily accessible.
          Los is simply saying.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            A replicator Adria with a Goa'uld in it inhabited by Anubis (semi ascended form).
            I really hope you're trolling here.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Some serious research into the Kull warriors armour should be done, and then try and make our won. Given that most weapons in the Galaxy are from the old system lords (and we all know how well they do against kull's) and the state of our own Planet, it would be a real life saver.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

we already did.

i think that a combo of new staffweapon resistant compound armor with Aris Boch's anti-zat armor will help greatly. especially since practically nobody uses kinetic weapons in the MW

Comment

I wonder how kull armor would go up against ori staff weapons. just as far we no the jaffa never used it

Comment

Working...
                  X