X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like i said a one man ship
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

So do we all agree that moving the people of Pegasus would just be a bad plan?

If so, then the OP's question is answered. Discussion about tactics for taking down the Wraith in ways other than moving people from PG merits its own thread and doesn't need to be done in this one.
      Last edited by sunrek; 02 January 2010, 06:21 AM.
      Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

yeap
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
          Ah the powers of beaming.

You should be able to construct the infrastructure cheaply, quickly, and easily. Use mining satellites to beam the needed materials straight out of the planet(s), use beaming tech to assembled the infrastructure molecule by molecule wherever you want it and in whatever form you want it in.

First use the tech to create more beaming satellites though. The Asgard have the technical capacity to match the replicators in production if they really wanted to.
          yes, but my point is that going to all the trouble to build that much infrastructure and take the time to actually develop beaming sats since mckay said that minaturizing the beaming technology was harder than it sounds and their still working on it is really just a waste of resources because the amount of resources that it would take to build infrastructure for potentially millions of people would proabably be enough to build a fleet of 20 to 30 304s and with that many ships you could just kill all the wraith faster than you could actually move the people anyway

because when you consider months of R&D to develope the beaming sats, plus the contacting and relocation of 1000 worlds and the associated politics involved with assuring them that they will be okay and then dealing with actually building all of the infrastructure it would be a logistics nightmare. i mean to actually do it would be harder than building ships to simply destroy the wraith or building weapons satalites that destroy wratih ships that try to feed on the planet.

also, this is assuming that they use the technology to its fullest and actually if they did that it would be better economically to build ships using the beaming construction tech because we actually get something out of it in the long term, warships, whereas building infrastructure for millions of people just creates a burden of having to care for them for years to come b/f they get self sufficient, if ever.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think we all agree that moving people is not solution.

In case that planet is attack and people can escape using stargate, than they should escape to a planet where PG Alliance builds its shelters and if not, they should escape underground or in the mountains. We can teach them that.

Otherwise our job is to unite and attack using ours and travellers ships (which are powerfull enough to destroy Ancient Aurora class ships)

Comment

yes but the traveler ships are not reliable because of their nature
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Why? Tell me one time Travellers ship failed its mission...

Comment

no i mean the use ships made from many parts that are likely to fail and they are like a Russian nuclear reactor that overheats and you put cola whit ice to cool them .
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

well yes, but the ice will cool the reactor down for few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                      forget about 303. it was build based on goauld tech so what we have to think about is smaller version of 304, without hangers and F-302's and bigger / complete Asgard and Ancient tech integration.

Also missiles should be replaced as a main weapon with plasma cannons or something like that, because missiles cant penetrate shields.
                      BOOO. 303's are cool.

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                      no i mean the use ships made from many parts that are likely to fail and they are like a Russian nuclear reactor that overheats and you put cola whit ice to cool them .
                      Only an idiot would use cola with ice to cool a reactor. Hell, it wouldn't even work. The coke and ice would evaporate.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

that's the point to use useless thing like the radiation scanner that's "oversensitive"
                        "
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

...what?
                          Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

in part 5x11 I think Sheppard and Zalenka traveled with Travellers ship and because they had to boost its speed they tweaked the reactor or something and sensors detected that temperature or rtadiation is rissing for some small procentage and that 15 year girl, who was in charge sad that sensors are oversensitive...

back on secondary topic. travellers ships are build from different, missmatched components because they are unable to build new ones or find old ones. Maybe if we help them to build safer technology for upgrades or a new ship, that could help?

Comment

just give the travelers some new ships because the old ones are really old
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

I thnk that if we give them safe planet, materials and tools they will build them by self.

Comment

Working...
                                X