No announcement yet.

Medical Ship Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah yes but if it wasnt for us the tokra would nver have allied with the jaffa and the queen tokra never would have been found.

you may be right on the goauld point

and it was because of us that the jaffa were able to capture dakara

and i guess i can agree with you on the ori
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

we'll agree to disagree on the rest

Comment

lol
        sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

we already HAD dakara, then later on we found out what it could do.

the Ori were brought here by us.

Comment

when the replicators entered the MW led by replicarter we DID NOT have dakara, Dakara was captured in that episode "the reckoning part 1&2" and with the help of jacob carter and baal we were able to modify it to emit a wave of whatever that severed the bonds between the replicator blocks.

and yes we brought the ori here... that was never up for debate why did you mention it?

Comment

think we ran a lil off topic there, i added a feature to my ship design (unrendered) it like a runway hanger on the top profile of the ship to take in any 304s. this isnt a rearm and deploy system, the 304s land and slide in to sloped hanger for tight, compact storage, if there is too many for the hanger unharmed 304s will grapler to the ship and the pilots beamed out. this allows for all casualties at a battle/disaster site to be recovered along with the hardware that is quickly and easily salvagable.
              sigpic
              THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

really a 304 hangar? tht sound really big....
                i think you mean 302s even tho you said "304" 3 times...

Comment

can we see any pictures so we can be sure if it's 302 or 304 hanger?

Comment

whoops sorry, had just been looking through the OSDT with all the 309s 307s etc and was kinda drunk, I meant 302s. My mind was elsewhere lol. and the hanger doesnt have to be really big, the 302s can be packed in nose to tail side by side, the pilots will be beamed out regardless so no need for a pressurised hanger bay.

once again sorry for the confusion.
                    sigpic
                    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

I agree with you on space needed for 302 storage.

one of my ideas for improving need for fighter space need is that we create a figther based on 302 and organize the entry trough the floor of the fighter. This way we could install fighters outside, on top of smaller, but still few times bigger ships (when we'll have them, for now Goauld cargo and alike ships)

Comment

Hey guys, these are my current attempts at the Medical ship i had in mind, i now know how to make basic curves on sketchup so im managing to get closer to my ideal design, please let me know what you think and what should/could be better

NN
                        sigpic
                        THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

little update on my medical vessel...
                          Spoiler:

lots of more to add, the Asclepius medical class was a second use for the dropship using its pods to deploy ready to use hospitals on disaster struck areas. Beside its four detachable hospital pods the ship has vast medical facilities, cargo holds and unused quarters to help in many differnt situations.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                            Hey guys, these are my current attempts at the Medical ship i had in mind, i now know how to make basic curves on sketchup so im managing to get closer to my ideal design, please let me know what you think and what should/could be better

NN
                            nice designes.

I like the idea that you used 304's basics to do the start of the ship, but I dont like all the glass on the front. The reason why there is no glass in the front of the ship is that weapons always hit the front side of the ship. So in your case glass would be broked in mather of 1 or 2 battles.

looking on a side of the ship I predict that this ship is much smaller than 304? Or am I wrong?

Comment

Yeh the glass was just asthetically pleasing to me at the time lol, ill replace that with something else.

Its looking about 70% the size of a 304 at the moment, but i also doubled up on the hangers so it has the same internal volume, if not bigger. but 2 hangers are just the 302 collection bays.

Im starting to like sketchup now i can do more than just edit someone elses template
                              sigpic
                              THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

trust me sketchup wont let you down the user interface is very friendly and the learning curve is very quick, looking forward to seeing future designs of yours come alive!
                                i recomend you look over some of the video tutorials to get a firm grasp of all the tools avaliable.

as for the current design you have going, to me it doesnt look that aestecticly pleasing and i must say i prefer merlins version even tho that one is quite fr removed from current Tauri styling. however yours is good for being one of your first sketchup designs.

Comment

Working...
                                X