No announcement yet.

Tel'tak shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't know the effect of the blue bombs on shields, and it's true that the couple gigajoules (tops) that an Al'kesh can fire at best may weight something in the balance, but realistically, I don't see an Al'kesh making much of a difference.

Of course the show has never known when give the bad guys true firepower. Only good guys get the gigaton nukes, and the Goa'uld only get megaton/gigaton stuff when it's in an alternative reality/dream/a defused bomb.

I'm still waiting for a Ha'tak shooting at a planet that results into a Dallas-wide fireball.
    I mean, for pete's sake, we know those motherships run on several bullions of refined naqahdah. The power that's available here is mind boggling. I don't see why only Earth can have its people add a handful of raw naqahdah to a multi-kiloton nuke and get a gigaton sweet bomb, and the Goa'uld, who have used naqahdah under many forms for eons, couldn't have access to that kind of firepower with their regular heavy weapons.
    That, especially when you consider how their "plasma" weapons are actually complicated and fairly advanced. I mean, think of a bottled blob of something that can cross space without dissipating, that manages to remain powerful all the day down to its target, and even have the behaviour of a solid projectile (!) despite not being a solid.
    I mean, it just takes a wee bit of imagination to think that the Goa'uld weapons could be super charged with heavy liquid naqahdah which would be bottled up in a bolt, and react like a bomb the moment the shell of the bolt would dissipate upon considerable impact. So basically, the staff cannon of a Ha'tak, benefiting from the computers of the ship (much better aim obviously and that over hundreds of km), would still be upscaled versions of the infantry regular and heavy staves (MJ to GJ), and thus be capable of high GJ/kiloton shots. Then, the ships would have the capacity to super charge the shots if needed, by bottling naqahdah, perhaps a special solution produced aboard from the stockpiles of hard bars of naqahdah, or just by picking in the tanks of heavy liquid naqhadah (the stuff that would allow them to nuke the whole of Moscow in one shot).
    Well, I digress. That was just my 2c.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
    X