No announcement yet.

hyperspace windows as weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't the Dekara device be a better idea? You could set it to destroy all people in its radius or something similar. Then you can use all the stuff left over yourself.
    My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

the dakara weapon is only for stargate bearing planets , and my bomb never needs a planet , also did you see Andromeda in there the nova bomb was never used in a war but the simple existence of it just ended wars
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

the dakara weapon is only for stargate bearing planets
        If the Dakara weapon was placed aboard a ship and remotely controlled it wouldn't be limited to gateworlds.

did you see Andromeda in there the nova bomb was never used in a war but the simple existence of it just ended wars
        I believe Nova bombs were used in the pilot and they certainly didn't prevent wars by their simple existence.

put Project Arcturus whit his own hyperspace drive and clocking and you can use it to bombard a system .
        See my previous post. However, it would have to be an extremely localized area of effect, not have the Stargate destroying side-effect, and it wouldn't reall "bombard" anything. It would be an effective blockade tool though.
        Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

said Arcturus not Attero , i mean that thing from trinity .
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

Comment

My appologies, those Ancients and their naming things starting with A.

Arcturus would be a crazy good weapon of mass destruction, though we have no idea what the long-term effect of using it on overload in enemy systems across the galaxy. And it can't be stabilized, so the 5/6th of a solar system blast is the only way to reliably weaponize it.
            Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

Comment

i think that if you place it to the center of the system it would vaporize anything , i mean in that ep it was placed on planet in the Goldilocks zone
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

I don't think it matters where you place it. The blast was so big you could probably place it orbiting Pluto and still take out Earth. You wouldn't even have to bring it close to the target planet. It wouldn't need a cloak, shields, sensors, or weapons. Have a 304 drop it 10 AUs above the target planet and jump far away. They'll never know what hit them.

Comment

if you placed it near the center it would destroy the star too and the entire system
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

I'm thinking "Trinity's" "five-sixth of a solar system" estimation means 5/6 of the area occupied by the system, which very likely included the star. Anyway, if the point it to eliminate your enemy, what's the difference if you take out the planet or the whole system?

Comment

well you have 2 choices :
                      1total carnage
                      2 90 % destruction
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

I seem to recall this thread being about using hyperspace windows themselves as weapons, not what kind of weapons we could build that could travel through hyperspace.

Webxro: either way, the weapon is overkill. It would own. Can we leave it at that?

Comment

you are right then lets draw the conclusions to this tread
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

What's the point of the overkill weapon? A small nuke would take care of the ships just as easily without the risk of it blowing up your own ship as well.

Comment

As Henry Hays told Anubis, "Not gonna happen"!
                              Without correct calculations from the ships computer, a ship can't enter a window. O'Neill's 302 dipped just a little to the right and that movement cause the ship to lose the window. It seam that you cant just move to it and get sucked in. The ship has to be perfectly alligned with the center of the window or make contact in a precise moment or you will just pass through it.
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
                                What's the point of the overkill weapon? A small nuke would take care of the ships just as easily without the risk of it blowing up your own ship as well.
                                The phrases (Rule 37: There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'. | Never enuff dakka.) come to mind.

And I like this quote very much
                                Spoiler:
                                The favorite expressions of humans where killing is concerned are 'if some is good, more is better', 'nothing succeeds like excess' and 'more dakka'. If humans wanted to kill you, you wouldn't just be dead, your body parts would be fling across the planet if it survives. This wasn't humans work, this was somebody else.

Comment

Working...
                                X