No announcement yet.

why don't replicators eat stargates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators don't eat gates for the same reason they don't create hull breaches. They are not just mindless eating machines, they are intelligent. They understand that they are a means of transportation. They understand that they are much more valuable as a stargate then a few replicators. Its not like there aren't other things they can eat.

Comment

There are a lot of explanations given for why the replicators wouldn't and they're good points, but I wonder if they could at all. Stargates are made to be nearly impossible to destroy. Aside of a Mark IX or technology capable of causing the gate to overload, nothing has been shown to so much as scratch the thing. So, who's to say that the replicator's corrosive liquid spray thingy would be able to do the trick? It has quickly dissolved through all sorts of materials with ease, but the Stargate is a step above everything else out there. As a result, maybe the replicators never reached a level of assimilated technology that would allow them to figure out how to overcome the Ancient's design. And even if they did/could, maybe it's beyond the ability of any corrosive liquid they could make from normal replicated materials, so the average replicator wouldn't be able to do it.

Comment

I think the gates are far to valuable for the Replicators to consume.

Comment

Mabey they have alergies to naqudah???? Its probly because they concider the stargate as too vauleblue to them to eat or they just cant eat naqudah.

Comment

Have we seen gates on replicator-dominated planets?
            Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

Because is easy to infect other planets using the stargates and not wasting resources on ships , because is much more easily to just send a few reply-spiders to the gate as all the technologically based races have access to gates .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post
                fixed it

'Excuse' programing.
                Well, duh.

Comment

I also think that the Replicators don't eat the gates because like use it for travel
                  like other people and the naquada that the gate is made from to durable for
                  to eat and probably turn into bombs if they did eat it.
                  Kevin Morgan

Comment

We've only ever seen the replicators travel by ship, except the attack on the SGC in Reckoning. Thor says they are usually slow-moving, like to take their time. Maybe the gate just isn't their style. In Reckoning, RepliCarter was in charge and that changed their MO.
                    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain James View Post
                      I also think that the Replicators don't eat the gates because like use it for travel
                      like other people and the naquada that the gate is made from to durable for
                      to eat and probably turn into bombs if they did eat it.
                      That was another thought I had.

Comment

They don't need to use the Stargates. Their Hyperdrives are powerful enough to cross galaxies faster than the Asgards.They don't go after high technologies all the time, remember that their main objective is to replicate. If they find about new technologies and are suficiently in number they go after if not they just take their time and replicate.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                        X