You get the Asgard Core.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so long story short
    you get the core, you track down a head sucker using it you go to head sucker let it put info in your head

you then dismantle your toaster and using the few parts from the toaster you make a ZPM then you save yourself by using the core to remove the head sucker info from your head

you then use your homemade ZPM and plug it into the ZPM attachment of your core
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
      I like you mirdin, you seem plucky

Ok, lets assume I have the ATA gene or a Daniel Jackson level of handwavium in my pocket. I start on early history
      Copy that. There are several valuable objectives I personally think that the Asgard core is uniquely valuable for.

1. History
      I think this is arguably the most important thing about the Asgard core I would want to understand. I want to know:

* Everything about who the Asgard were, where they came from, how they came into being
      * Insights on their philosophies on life and why they thought the way they did
      * The history of how and why they became involved with the Ancients and the other members of the Alliance
      * About any mistakes the Asgard made philosophically, scientifically, and politically, so that humanity might be able to learn from their lessons
      * Their post-Alliance history, including information on what happened to the remaining members and perhaps how to contact them.

2. Star maps
      If humanity is indeed the Fifth Race in the Alliance, then we would need to walk among the same stars as the other members to understand where they've been and why. I'm assuming that in their long history, the Asgard have explored their home galaxy and a number of others extensively. I have a thing about maps (I'm fascinated with them), so if I were commanding an Earth ship on a deep-space mission, I would want those maps!

3. Asgard Technology
      This is kind of obvious but a better understanding of the Asgard technology we would already be in possession of would be invaluable. Theoretically, we could improve upon their designs with some old-fashioned human ingenuity.

4. Ancient Technology
      Thor had knowledge of how to safely remove information from the Ancient repository of knowledge from a human brain. Using that information could be the key to safely using the Repository or perhaps transferring the information into a friendlier format. Using Asgard technology to unlock the secrets of the Ancients has a certain kind of symmetry to it.

Kudos to mirdin for starting a very cool thread!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
        so long story short
        you get the core, you track down a head sucker using it you go to head sucker let it put info in your head

you then dismantle your toaster and using the few parts from the toaster you make a ZPM then you save yourself by using the core to remove the head sucker info from your head

you then use your homemade ZPM and plug it into the ZPM attachment of your core
        you allready have a ZPM as a bonus with the core.

I think I didn't make myself clear here. The Asgard core appears in your room in a flash of light, you don't know how it got there, or who gave it to you but you have unlimited access to it and can use it how you desire to, it doesn't have a built in ethical program in it to stop someone taking over the world, but it has a failsafe in it, that warns you it would be very bad for you and the surrounding landscape in the way of Thor's hologram appearing and warning you it is "inadvisable" to proceed with the current course of action.

Second Earth is not in the SG universe and if you ever manage to make it to space don't expect it to be run over by goa'uld, borg or anything from any scifi show, book, movie etc. The only thing from stargate is the core that was probably dropped by an ROB.

I could be wrong and the show is plausible deniability and all this is real but I doubt it.
        Last edited by mirdin1992; 13 November 2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post

I think I didn't make myself clear here. The Asgard core appears in your room in a flash of light, you don't know how it got there, or who gave it to you but you have unlimited access to it and can use it how you desire to, it doesn't have a built in ethical program in it to stop someone taking over the world, but it has a failsafe in it, that warns you it would be very bad for you and the surrounding landscape in the way of Thor's hologram appearing and warning you it is "inadvisable" to proceed with the current course of action.

Second Earth is not in the SG universe and if you ever manage to make it to space don't expect it to be run over by goa'uld, borg or anything from any scifi show, book, movie etc. The only thing from stargate is the core that was probably dropped by an ROB.

I could be wrong and the show is plausible deniability and all this is real but I doubt it.
          but i liked my idea specially the toaster bit
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
            but i liked my idea specially the toaster bit
            Tough luck.

Actually there could be designs for a Alternate reality jump drive and if not, you could make a stargate and shoot the wormhole through a black hole to the desired reality I.E. the one where the core came from, it has to have a file of its quantum signature so you could aim it to the desired universe.

So if you want the head sucker you could get it but expect decades of work put in before you can do something like that like jumping universes.

You guys are thinking small, you have possibly a supercomputer with more power that all computers ever made from now till a 1000 years in the future and what do you do with it.....read history. If I wanted to know history I would just ask the core to make a memory data transfer device and get done with the history bit in a couple of hours, really.....history.

ZOR(always wanted to say that)

Comment

I think I'd start a text-based travel service. I'd use the Asgard Core to construct a large bank of teleportation devices and program the AI computer system to accept incoming text messages requesting transportation of an individual from the phone's current location to anywhere in the world for the low, low cost of 99 cents per transport.

Overnight I'd put every airline, taxi, train, subway, ship, service out of business with the promise if cheap, instantaneous travel from anywhere on earth, to anywhere else.

Filthy, filthy rich while I investigate ascending.

Comment

I'd have an extensive to do list;

1) Make a personal shield.
                2) Make many many clones of myself (blank slates).

Together with mind transfer technology these give me a measure of immortality. To avoid clone degredation I keep plently of original DNA samples so as not to make copies of copies.

After that I'd create my own company slowly selling off the advanced technology for a huge profits. Obviously at a rate which will not cause a global crisis.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the first thing i would do is find a way to actually read the asgard core since my asgard is a little rusty.

the second thing i would do is create a secret space station in orbit thats equiped with a cloaking device, shield, APBW's, unmanned aero fighters, and puddlejumpers, and a stargate and controlled by a control chair just like the ancinet ones.

next, i would create an oniell class ship equiped with a subspace satalite dish that allows me to get cable tv from across the galaxy.

and i would make everything that i build designed so that it will only respond to the presence of my DNA, just like the ATA gene.

next, i would create a personal shield and a hand device that is equiped with an anti gravity field so that i can make objects and people fly around whenever i want as well as myself and i equiped my shield with a small life support system so that i could fly anywhere i want including into space.

i would also create a grid of cloaked satalites that cover the entire globe and are equiped with transporters and matter conversion tech so that no matter where i am in the world i can always conjure up anything i want and be transported instantly to whereever i want to go.

and after im all done with building all of that i would kickback and relax and just do whatever i wanted.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Muahahhahahha... One more into the fold of evilness...
                    ANy here going for the evil overlord of the planet?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Muahahhahahha... One more into the fold of evilness...
                      ANy here going for the evil overlord of the planet?
                      Why would any sane body do something like that ,too many headaches to imagine myself in any position of power over people and if I ever get it my conscience would nag me to help them so no evil overlord for me,

I would probably make my cloaked space station, and a a cloaked if need space factory on the sun, no more energy problems.

And probably make a HK-47 give him a cloaking device and send him after all the people I don't like and scare the **** out of them.

*decloaking sound*

Statement:Inferior meatbag my master sent me to terminate your existence.
                      Amendment: Imediatlly aafter I inflict serious pain upon you.

*light comes out of his mouth and eyes while he screams in pain*

Comment

what would i do with the asgard core? let it analyze my laptop, and then make it design one, using human materials and technology, 10x more powerful. use it myself, then take the blueprints and simultaniously sell it to the top 5 computer companies in the world.

when i'm fed up with the money, i design one 10x more powerful than the old, etc etc etc.

use the Computer Core to play games (naturally) in 3D using holographic technology. beam a sattelite into orbit, tied to my (asgard-made) cellphone for insta-transport to any place.

i'd probably invent a stunning rifle (like a zat?) and sell it to the millitary and police, to reduce the amount of deaths using tazers etc.

let it build a Hand Device (based upon the goauld one), with incorporated Asgard Cloak, Personal Shield, Memory Wipe Device, probably telekinetic blast device, and some other asgard toys, including homing device for my Sattelite, a form of internet to always look up stuff from my Asgard Core, and with holo technology.

develop and sell the cure for cancer, develop and sell the cure for a range of other ultra-threatening diseases (keep some around to prevent overpopulation).

probably wont sell the cure for AIDS. i think it does a nice job of keeping earth's population in check.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Or maybe we just don't have the technology to build one ourselves? Weir even commented in 'Siege' that she couldn't choose which part of the database to save then referring to various technological fields. Its fairly safe to assume they could find info on ZPMs in the database even if the Ancients called them something different.
                          The asurans had alot of zpms to spare, cant be too hard to build. Cause we all know the asurans are "weak". The ancients probably had some sort of device, probably on atlantis and if not it shouldnt be that hard if you have "all the info" ready.
                          Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          The Asgard database is good because if you can reconfigure the transporters you can get it to make you things. However we've seen once you have the Ancient database in your head you make things like enhanced powersources, energy drills and intergalactic hyperdrives out of spare parts.
                          only thing...that ancient in your head kills you...and the asgard probably could do something similar cause they knew how to remove all the info.
                          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                          Anime signature in spoiler tag
                          Spoiler:
                          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post

Well if it is the core from the Odyssey then it has its own power source that is comparable to that of a ZPM and on top of that if it appears why couldn't you use it to bring the rest of the Stargate Tech to you, as in you could reconfigure it to utilize the Transporter as a matter converter, and then produce your own stargates and dhds as well as your own ships?

Comment

or just do it better: neural interface tying you to the core. perfect memory, and all asgard knowledge without the drawbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                                The asurans had alot of zpms to spare, cant be too hard to build. Cause we all know the asurans are "weak". The ancients probably had some sort of device, probably on atlantis and if not it shouldnt be that hard if you have "all the info" ready.
                                The Asurans had 10,000 years to build up the infastructure to make them, building the devices themselves may have been incredibly difficult for the Asurans at first. Not hard? Moronic statement. The Ancients are millions of years older than the human race with technology far far far suppassing our own. Lets cut the crap about us being to replicate their best technology easily shall we.

The Asurans are still smarter and more advanced than the SG Tau'ri, just because we can make Asgard weapons to blow up their ships doesn't mean we suddenly have a better understanding of physics then they do.

only thing...that ancient in your head kills you...and the asgard probably could do something similar cause they knew how to remove all the info.

Well obviously you'd need to have an advanced enough brain to actually use the knowledge otherwise it would be pointless...Well the Asgard did have a copy of the Ancient database themselves so its not surprising they picked up on how to download info from peoples brains.
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X