No announcement yet.

SWAT team upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or maybe, the symbiont releases enzymes and chemicals, and repairing extreme damage requires alot of that stuff and has to happen over a long time.

when you're sick, you need alot of your strenght to heal. it's why you feel weak and miserable.

and i would think that instead of trying to mess around with implanting people with symbiotes you could just design a suit thats equiped all over with healing beams of the same kind used by goauld hand devices that automatically heal you because TBH a doctor could tell me till hes blue in the face that the symbiote wont try and take over my body but theres no way in hell id ever let them put one in me and could you imagine a doctor trying to persuade jack to let them. i mean youd have better luck getting ronan to marry a wraith queen.
    i think that's a bad idea. you HAVE seen what Sarcophagi do to you?

i already said i'd use healing technology, simply not to the point where it insta-heals (and does damage to your brain), but rather it speeds up healing

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      or maybe, the symbiont releases enzymes and chemicals, and repairing extreme damage requires alot of that stuff and has to happen over a long time.

when you're sick, you need alot of your strenght to heal. it's why you feel weak and miserable.
      maybe the symbiont releases something like the wraith do.

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
      but dosent the symbiote have to actually conciously want to heal the host, because ive heard several tokra say that its taking all their strength to heal the person so to me that indicates that healing your host requires higher brain function and that it dosent just do it instictively.

and i would think that instead of trying to mess around with implanting people with symbiotes you could just design a suit thats equiped all over with healing beams of the same kind used by goauld hand devices that automatically heal you because TBH a doctor could tell me till hes blue in the face that the symbiote wont try and take over my body but theres no way in hell id ever let them put one in me and could you imagine a doctor trying to persuade jack to let them. i mean youd have better luck getting ronan to marry a wraith queen.
      it would be so much easier to use those healing nanites.

Comment

I always wondered why if they distrust replicators to work autonomously they don't just use them as armor for people. A replicator is already only a shell of nanites hat looks like a human, so it'll be easy to turn into a suit, and once on, they can heal the person, augment their physical capabilities, act as a communication device, computer, power collector, and even an infinitely flexible tool for fixing or breaking stuff.

Then only think I question is how effective they would be as actual armor. Replicators survived bullets and energy blasts becuase they were machines, so they could tolerate higher extremes than humans, while a human would still be affected by them when wearing the suit, so you'd end up with a fully working suit over somebody ridden with bullet holes. Through this is a relatively minor problem solved by Kelvar.

Comment

replicators were hit, then new nanites took the place of the old ones. as armor, it would suck, but it would be great against energy weapons

Comment

replicators were hit, then new nanites took the place of the old ones. as armor, it would suck, but it would be great against energy weapons
            What I said, but ok...

Anyways, the point is, it would make a great environment suit or armor with only a few additions in terms of fairly "dumb" tehcnology. Or you could wire a shield generator into it... once you can manufacture nanites in those quantities, it's not much trouble to use them for all sorts of things.

Comment

Who needs swat teams? Asgard beam + a jail cell = instant win
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

and all the enemy needs is beam jamming

Comment

and all the enemy needs is beam jamming
                  You think the common criminal or even the uncommon one has that tech?
                  Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                  Anime signature in spoiler tag
                  Spoiler:
                  Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

it's just EM jamming, shouldnt be THAT hard. it exists, it's enough for those criminals to know.

well, assuming SG-team people are needed. if you need RL SWAT teams, then just give them a goauld personal shield and ceramic polymer armor. INTAR rifles with ZAT attachement, and that's it. the occasional Tac as autonomous kill grenade, and you're done

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                      You think the common criminal or even the uncommon one has that tech?
                      Escalation would lead to criminals having it.

Or having some sort of deadman switch. Say if some signal they transmit from their person isn't kept transmitting, something explodes.

Or, just a explosive-vest. I assume you have to beam them up to the ship, so if anything detonates there. Wont be good.

Comment

it's just EM jamming, shouldnt be THAT hard. it exists, it's enough for those criminals to know.

well, assuming SG-team people are needed. if you need RL SWAT teams, then just give them a goauld personal shield and ceramic polymer armor. INTAR rifles with ZAT attachement, and that's it. the occasional Tac as autonomous kill grenade, and you're done
                        you know, that beggs the question why SG teams dont carry some sort of light weight beaming technology jamming equipment because that way the wraith wouldnt be able to sweep people up and carry them off.

and i find it kinda hard to believe that some guy who just knocked off a liquor store and is holding someone hostage because the police surrounded him is just going to pull out his asgard beaming technology jamming equipment so that he cant be beamed out.

and also, the only thing you need to equip a swat team with is a couple goauld stun granades because you toss it in and then they just pass out.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i was more thinking along the lines of goauld hand devices.

*door is in the way*
                          "somebody get a hand device"
                          *hand device fires, the door is blown several meters to the back*

Comment

Best would be a gigantic stunner to stun a whole house, or several floors of an building. Than you just enter and capture them.
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                            X