Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how? (Questions about wormholes & gate travel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You get disintegrated by the event horizon but not sent into the wormhole..........so you die......not a good idea trying it

Comment

Big huge thread about that in the Tech folder.
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

Hi,

I might be opening a can of worms or wormholes here!! ...LOL

If gate travel can be in two directions at once then maybe the line between the two stargates could be like a fibre optic cable allowing more than object to pass and the objects get converted into different frequencies of light or other radiofrequencies like microwave energy in both directions.

By the way more than one person can pass through at the same time one way so how come their energy patterns don't get mixed up??

Light has photon particles and I guess photons have some weight, how else would light not be able to escape a black hole? In other words light must have some mass I guess to be attracted to a black hole.

Besides why discuss the "theoretical" physics of it all.

It is just a T.V. show that for some is an escape from this reality here on earth.

For lots of people Sci-Fi shows are "escapism", as well as being enjoyable, so just go and ENJOY.

Catch ya later.

David O'Neill

Comment

Ancients created language nanites?????

Comment

Originally posted by DaMulta View Post
            Ancients created language nanites?????
            It's not cannon, just how one of the produces(Joe Mallozzi) said he rationalizes it. There's no official reason for why everyone speaks English. It's just understood it would be far too difficult to have everyone speak different languages.

Comment

Working...
            X