No announcement yet.

TPTB screwed up ship strenghs discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori ships being beaten makes perfect sense considering they were built by peasants, what annoys me is the way they're glorified on this forum. Ori motherships look invincible compared to Ha'taks but versus anything like Aurora's, upgraded 304's and to a lesser extent O'neills the fact they were built by farmers would become readily apparent.

What I don't get is why the Ori couldn't use their powers to make the ships? Surely it would be much quicker and more effective and would have given more of a 'godly' image to their followers.

The 304's are too strong, their shields are far too strong although when plot shields are disabled they go down quickly.

I agree about the Wraith they were weakened too much the Ancients should have realistically thrashed the Wraith regardless of numbers.

I maintain the view that Ancient military tech is superior to all others seen in SG. Their beam based weapons are superb and drones are fleet killers when launched on mass that added to their ZPMs and shields and their ships should be capable of racking up dozens of Hive kills each. We also know that Dakara like devices can be scaled down and used as satellites and that the Ancients can shield against it (the Dakara compound was protected against the Dakara wave) stick those on some ships and wipe out entire fleets.

Basically a more intelligent PTB would have considered these things and adjusted their enemies accordingly, instead we end up with Earth ships a fraction of the size of their enemies able to rape anything they see. Even with the Asgard tech powering these gizmo's with our own generators should be near impossible considering the Asgard are a Great Race!
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Using there powers to build ships to destroy and conquer the Galaxy would be against the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        Using there powers to build ships to destroy and conquer the Galaxy would be against the rules.
        In the MW yes, but in their own galaxy the Ori could do what they wanted.
        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
        "That he is concealing something."
        "Like what?"
        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Working...
        X