No announcement yet.

Asgard Hyperdrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in order to get in the same window, you need the exact same hyperspace lane, the same frequency or level or whatever (TLT suggests each race has slightly different hyperdrives), and the exact same speed.

the ori have different drives ergo impossible. also, because the oddy is supercharged, the ori ships need to use max power to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      also, because the oddy is supercharged, the ori ships need to use max power to keep up.
      are you sure about that???

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
        I always wondered how the Asgard could get inside the same hyperspace window as the Replicators. Was it calculations, or because the Replicators based their technology on the Asgard?

Point being that the Ori may have to jump right after the Odyssey and use the same calculations and design for opening a hyperspace window in order to pursue them.

**takes off glasses, weezes**
        The Replicators were pursuing the O'Neill in captured Asgard motherships if I am not mistaken.

Comment

that was a different one

Comment

I'm not sure who you were responding to, killman.

Comment

The Replicators were pursuing the O'Neill in captured Asgard motherships if I am not mistaken.
              this is Small Victories

the O'neill chasing the replicator ship is New Order

Comment

the O'neill chasing the replicator ship is New Order
                that was the daniel jackson i think

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                  Well hell now I'm really confused.

What were we trying to establish again? How the Asgard could get into the "hyperdrive lane" of Replicator ships?

I think the heavy, heavy degree of overlap between Asgard and Replicator technology is the best explanation of it. The Replicators basically absorbed Asgard technology.

Comment

no it was not. was it?

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...065&fullsize=1
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

That looks like an Atari game.

Oh and I can take some credit for derailing the topic, partially. It appears that most ships don't use shields in hyperspace, maybe due to massive power requirements. As mentioned it is essential for Atlantis, even if the city is technically a ship, it doesn't seem to be space worthy without the energy barrier.

The Daniel Jackson tried to catch the Replicator mothership to self destruct when it caught up, but a bug managed to slow the DJ. Plan B was relaying the exact co-ordinates to the Asgard fleet to where they'll drop out of hyperspace. The O'Neil class ships blasted it to pieces as soon as it arrived, but some bugs survived the re-entry into the nearby Asgard homeworld.

Wow did I geek out there.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                          That looks like an Atari game.

Oh and I can take some credit for derailing the topic, partially. It appears that most ships don't use shields in hyperspace, maybe due to massive power requirements. As mentioned it is essential for Atlantis, even if the city is technically a ship, it doesn't seem to be space worthy without the energy barrier.

The Daniel Jackson tried to catch the Replicator mothership to self destruct when it caught up, but a bug managed to slow the DJ. Plan B was relaying the exact co-ordinates to the Asgard fleet to where they'll drop out of hyperspace. The O'Neil class ships blasted it to pieces as soon as it arrived, but some bugs survived the re-entry into the nearby Asgard homeworld.

Wow did I geek out there.
                          Not really. You simply re-iterated what was mentioned in the show, in a different way.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

you simply said what has been said already.

speed requires power. it's possible the full powergeneration is required for the hyperdrive, but not for, say, shields. so the speed is limited by the powergeneration (and by the hyperdrive itself). but this again leaves it possible to just slow down and raise shields, something that might require so much power to do that most simply do not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duskofdead View Post
                              Well hell now I'm really confused.

What were we trying to establish again? How the Asgard could get into the "hyperdrive lane" of Replicator ships?

I think the heavy, heavy degree of overlap between Asgard and Replicator technology is the best explanation of it. The Replicators basically absorbed Asgard technology.
                              The O'neil was the name of a ship or perhaps the class of ships (model) a new type of Asgard vessel designed to fight the replicators first introduced in Small victories. Three ships of the same class was shown in Season 5 ender when Anubis captured Thor. The ship in New Order was called the Daniel Jackson whether it was an O'neil Class I am unsure.
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

The Daniel Jackson was a smaller science vessel, Loki had one also.

I wonder if Sam had one named in her honor too.

Comment

Working...
                                X