How do Ha'taks move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    Are you calling people nerd on a board dedicated to sci tech on a website dedicated to science fiction
    Of course, but in the best way possible!
    Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

it's a portable lightning storm. no really, in the movie, watch all those sparks and discharges!

mmm.. would it be possible to use magnetism and earth's magnetic field to lift off a spaceship?

Comment

I think it's possible, but very hard to do(for us at least).
        http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          mmm.. would it be possible to use magnetism and earth's magnetic field to lift off a spaceship?
          I think this is just one of the archaic theories and nothing more. But what else can be used to fantasize? It is better to use one of the archaic theories than the "pink elephant".
          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
            I think this is just one of the archaic theories and nothing more. But what else can be used to fantasize? It is better to use one of the archaic theories than the "pink elephant".
            Pink Elephant... seriously, it's all coming together now!
            Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

The Asgards don't seem to have Chemical Propulsion sub light units either.
              Perhaps...I can take that into account with my ship design.
              They did get a wealth of information.

Comment

So ha'taks use drive like the Death Gliders, and tel'tak which do not have any visible 'engine glow'. Which probably uses magnetism to move, or use heliacal fusion drive (which I still don't know what it is, though I will probably look it up in google after I post, but I'm still in high school so some thing baffle me(but very rarely do they)). Oh just realized tel'tak and ha'tak both end in tak and that Ha'tak sorta kinda sounds like attack would explain where the writers got the name. heh funny things I notice hm.

Comment

Found it on Wikipedia but they called it a Bussard ramjet which does produce some form of exhaust to move. which does not seem to be the case with Ha'taks. So that means the primary theory of how a Ha'tak moves is some form of Magnetism.

Comment

Or it could have something to do with pushing against the fabric of space... of course you may be able to do that with magnets.

Comment

they are magic, lol. i dont really know guess the writers couldn't be bothered making something up

Comment

Guys... the Goa'uld can bend space time to create artificial gravity and punch holes into hyperspace, is it really that far fetched they have what seems like inertia-less drives?

They could be pushing and pulling against the very fabric of space time.

Comment

Magic

Comment

inertial impulse drive
                            And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

The asgards best ship uses that type of drive, perhaps its superior in some sort of way? Would explain why the oniell is so maneuverable.
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

i always assumed that they used a form of magnetism as sublight propulsion i mean dont tauri ships still use combustable fuel?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X