No announcement yet.

Ori Motherships Power Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible that the ships are powered by a Ori version of the zpm because the ships designed by the ascended Ori to the priors. or possibly something similar to the Arcturus devise from 'Trinity'.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

arcturus is inherently flawed.

a ZPM or Subspace Tap is more likely.

Comment

They could've done what McKay didin 'Mckay and Mrs. Miller'

Comment

A thousand dancing kittens.
          Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

That is just ridiculous kittens, I can except pikachu because it at least make electricity but kittens really.

Comment

maybe the static electricity in their fur...

Comment

It's a sphere...check.
                It glows...check.
                It doesn't touch the ship...check.

My first inclination is some type of micro gravity-sphere reaction 'chamber', with the chamber being a magnetic bubble or such. Kind of like a micro-sun, whose reaction is initiated by the device inside the ship.

Would also fit with the 'fire' mythology.
                Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

i know what powers the ships

Spoiler:
                  diet coke and mentos.

Comment

A subspace tap is very likely given what kind of Ancient technology the Ori had access to. It is also equally likely that they used their ascended knowledge to come up with the plans for the power core.
                    Spoiler:
                    We know that Ori motherships contain a primary power core inside the ship, in addition to this there is the energy orb outside the ship. If it was a subspace tap the energy orb outside the ship would be drawing energy from subspace. That energy would probably then be channeled into the power core inside the ship and converted to a type of energy that the ship could use.
                    Last edited by StargateBuilder; 08 September 2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

i got an even better idea.

Spoiler:
                      get ready for a plothole.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean 7921 View Post
                        Actually even though all we have to work with is a picture of a blue light in the center of the ship and a breef history of the Ori and Ancients it's pretty safe to assume that the Ori ships are powered by some type of subspace tap. I say this because the Alterans have a history of using subspace all the way back from before the split right up to Atlantis. Also because when we were given the Asgard core we also gained the Asgard weapons which are similar to the Ori weapons. When these weapons were powered by the ZPM they mached that of the Ori weapons. This would lead us to believe that the Ori use something very close to a ZPM.
                        i agree

that just puts one question into my mind: why did they not install a few (say 6 primary ones) of this technology on atlantis (mckay should be able to draw up a plan to replicate a technology he has seen once and even understands how it works) in order to replace the ZPM's? (and a few more as backups)

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                          i agree

that just puts one question into my mind: why did they not install a few (say 6 primary ones) of this technology on atlantis (mckay should be able to draw up a plan to replicate a technology he has seen once and even understands how it works) in order to replace the ZPM's? (and a few more as backups)

greetings LAX
                          Most likely they didn't think they would need any more than they sent. In fact they probobly thought that what they sent was over kill by a lot and that just one could sluaghter the entire galaxy. They got an idea of what kinds of tech. we have when Daniel and Vala used the stones the first tirme.

Comment

i recently read an article on New Scientist.

a black hole, about 1 milllion tonnes would be perfect.

here

Very small black holes emit far more Hawking radiation than large, stellar-mass holes, according to the equations describing black holes. Crane has calculated that a black hole weighing about 1 million tonnes would make a perfect energy source: it is small enough to generate enough Hawking radiation to power the starship, yet large enough to survive without radiating away all its mass during a typical interstellar journey about 100 years long. "To my amazement, there is a 'sweetspot'," says Crane.

Comment

Working...
                            X