What is your favourite gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locutes View Post
    can you give me a link where I can see that particular thing? I have not yet got all sg1 on dvd
    season 5 vol 22: 2001. im sorry cant be more help,i dont know how to find a link or give you one, perhaps one of the other members can help
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
      can you give me a link where I can see that particular thing? I have not yet got all sg1 on dvd
      Here you go.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=107&pos=107
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=107&pos=111
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=107&pos=112
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=107&pos=113

It's basically just a mechanical arm used to lift and tilt a standard Milky Way gate.
      sigpic

Comment

I prefer milky way gates, because pegasus gate look too modern.
        And SG-U gate is really ugly...

Stargate RIP 1994-2009

Comment

Going last to first

6. Orlin's Home Made Gate
          5. Tollan Gate
          4. Avalon Stargate (original design)
          3. Ori Supergate (ITS BIG!)
          http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/st.../Supergate.JPG
          2.Destiny Universal Gate (very angelic)
          http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/st...verse_gate.jpg
          And, my all time favourite gate....

Atlantus Astria Porta
          http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/st...s_Stargate.JPG
          sigpic
          Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
          Episode III: Phantasm.
          "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Dindirindin View Post
            I prefer milky way gates, because pegasus gate look too modern.
            And SG-U gate is really ugly...
            I concur. Destiny's gate is really out there in terms of design, and in a bad way.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

i originally thought the universe gate would be digital so it could downlaod new symbols when it entered a new galaxy
              sigpic

Comment

I personally like the pegasus gate most.
                My favourite color is blue (not yellow and if you have seen monty python u will know what im talking about) and the chevrons are blue. Also, the pegasus gate dont spin, meaning that there is less likelyness of a mechanical faliure due to movement. Simple science is good science.

Comment

In order:
                  1. Pegasus Gate - I like the lights, and in my powerpoints is the most challenging to make.
                  2. Milky Way Gate - I like the lights compared to the movie, and i like the WHIRRRR sound it makes as it starts to dial. (No!...! It is not my message tone... Who said it was?)
                  3. Tollan Gate - I just like it.
                  4. and lastly, The Universe Gate - I dont like the entire, all-of-the-gate-spinning thing, its not what a gate is meant to do! It would have been perfect for the 200th Episode of SG-1 when puppet Hammond wanted to make the gate spin!

Comment

For me it has to be the MW Gate.

It goes round.

Puppet Hammond: Alright people, we created this multi-billion dollar facility under Cheyenne Mountain, so that we can use this thing. Anyone know how?

Comment

Have we ever seen a Ori stargate? I know that they have rings, that are white with some kind of runic engraving.

I vaguely remember seeing an Ori stargate that was white and had gold embossed symbols on it. Maybe I am remembering something incorrectly.
                      My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
                        Have we ever seen a Ori stargate? I know that they have rings, that are white with some kind of runic engraving.

I vaguely remember seeing an Ori stargate that was white and had gold embossed symbols on it. Maybe I am remembering something incorrectly.
                        Perhaps you are remembering the Ring Transporter. I do not believe we have seen any Ori Stargate, excluding the Supergate.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

I think I prefer the Atlantis gate

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                            Tollan Gate.
                            agreed (but if we take the supergates into this, i am with those, all the way - yes i am a victim of megalomania ^^...well not really, i just like it like it is strung together by energy

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                              agreed (but if we take the supergates into this, i am with those, all the way - yes i am a victim of megalomania ^^...well not really, i just like it like it is strung together by energy

greetings LAX
                              Meh, those things aren't stargates. They're Galaxy Gates.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                                Meh, those things aren't stargates. They're Galaxy Gates.
                                now that is somthing i can relate to "supergate" allways seemed primitive to me but galactic gate describes it much better IMO!

Comment

Working...
                                X