X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    i didn't understand.
    It began as Alteran...what's Alteran?
    Alterans is what the Ancients called themselves, Ancients is what we and other races in the Milky Way call them, like how humans in the Pegasus call them the Ancestors.
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
      Alterans is what the Ancients called themselves, Ancients is what we and other races in the Milky Way call them, like how humans in the Pegasus call them the Ancestors.
      I'm not entirely sure how accurate that is:

We know from "Avalon" that the Ancients originally referred to themselves as the "Altera" or "Alterans"; most likely, one would refer to an individual Ancient as "an Alteran" while one would call all the Ancients "the Alterans" (much like one might say, "the Americans" or "the Germans") or "the Altera" interchangably.

However, we know from "The Fifth Race" that the Ancients, at some point in their history, knew themselves as "Anqueetus," which was translated in the episode as "the Ancients," or rather, "the Ancient Ones." However, it is quite possible that "Anqueetus" was just a name that the Ancients had for themselves, and that the word "ancient" comes from that name.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
      X