Worst Infantry Weapon Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
    Hey, you can't have awesome duels with blasters, can you?
    But then you get-

Gun Kata.

Comment

The light sabre is a truly awesome mele weapon the strange thing is its really small and light when your not using it why not carry a light sabre and a blaster its not difficult speaking of lightsaber why dose no one els in SW use the same tech for bayonets a bayonet that can turn on and off with a switch and cut through almost anything.

another crap weapon from stargate he tollan knucle dustr pistols good knucledusters yeah but terrible guns though.

and a real bad SW weapon from the expanded universe Yuzan vong amphistaffs snakes seriously the weapon is a snake it can do various things
      Club
      Sword (has a sharp frill thing down its back)
      Spit venom
      Whip
      Wrap around an bite the enemy

The same guys have some awesome grenades though explosive bugs you let it go in the direction you want and it flys at the target thing can fly round corners and stuff there is also a razor bug version that fly in big swarms and cut the enemy to pieces but what makes all this so stupid is these guys have plasma guns on their ships again keep the snake as a back up its epic in close quarters (can take lightsaber hits) but use a scaled down plasma gun as a main weapon.

is boba fets jet pack missile terrible i cant decide depends how he controls it i guess

Oh wookie bowcaster a crossbow that fires plasma slugs figure that out

Dargos qualta blade in farscape you have to hold the dam sword blade to fire it and it has no sights

PS star wars has some awesome guns too i'm just picking the crap ones

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Star Wars and Farscape are actually better than average when it comes to stupid weapons.

Star Wars tended to make a lot of their prop guns out of real guns so that probably went a long way toward keeping the stupid at bay. In general though most of the ones I've seen are at least decently ergonomic, though they generally tend to lack iron sights.

Farscape also tended to create guns that just looked like guns. Small carbines with scopes/lights or pistols that, although they lacked sights and trigger guards, still apparently held something like 600 rounds in a tiny powercell. In that case you could even make an argument for overall superiority when considering all factors.

Neither series got things perfect but things like missing iron sights and trigger guards are pretty small potatoes compared to some of the horrors of design they're being compared to here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Star Wars and Farscape are actually better than average when it comes to stupid weapons.

Star Wars tended to make a lot of their prop guns out of real guns so that probably went a long way toward keeping the stupid at bay. In general though most of the ones I've seen are at least decently ergonomic, though they generally tend to lack iron sights.

Farscape also tended to create guns that just looked like guns. Small carbines with scopes/lights or pistols that, although they lacked sights and trigger guards, still apparently held something like 600 rounds in a tiny powercell. In that case you could even make an argument for overall superiority when considering all factors.

Neither series got things perfect but things like missing iron sights and trigger guards are pretty small potatoes compared to some of the horrors of design they're being compared to here.

:O hope u weren't insulting Winnonah?(sp?)

True, u can't compare iron sights to alien gun of doom. And the Farscape ones weren't too bad, imo, compared to others here, as u said.
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            :O hope u weren't insulting Winnonah?(sp?)

True, u can't compare iron sights to alien gun of doom. And the Farscape ones weren't too bad, imo, compared to others here, as u said.
            Yeah as much as I complain about these various weapons lacking sights I've got to admit that if that 600 shots thing John says in one episode is even close to literally true well, I'd probably be inclined to trade iron sights for a pistol that held 600 shots per mag.

Sure it would be great to have both and there's no really good reason not to but if I had to choose well... you can get a lot of "accuracy through volume" when you've got 600 shots to blow. It's not like a pulse pistol is an ergonomic nightmare like a zatgun or other weapon that might hold that many shots either. The lack of sights and tigger guard are pretty much the only things wrong with it and even the trigger guard is debatable since it doesn't actually have a visible trigger at all. If it's got some sort of trigger safety that requires bodyheat, detects fingerprints or biological material or some other means of ensuring inanimate objects can't press it, you don't really need a full ring type guard.

The pulse pistol also has sufficient punch to blow apart two human torsos and keep on going if you turn up the juice, as John showed off in "Terra Firma". That's a lot of firepower to be toting around in something the size of a handgun. There's also the possability that it does actually have some kind of sighting apparratus, but that it's just projected directly onto the operator's retina, like the Pk binoculars and flight gear do it.

Pretty much all the same things apply to starwars Blasters to only to a lesser degree. You still seem to get more ammo, just not as much more, and while they don't seem to have the same pure punch that the PK weapons do for their size, they've got enough. I'm not sure if I'd take one of them over a modern firearm but I'd probably take a PK pulse pistol over any modern analog... and just add a simple 3 dot sight on the next commerce planet.

Comment

Those Tollan hand weapons? They're shaped like a brass knuckle and emit a (terrifying) pinkish blob of energy which incapacitates the victim.

Teal'c should have clocked someone with it instead.

Comment

Yeah as much as I complain about these various weapons lacking sights I've got to admit that if that 600 shots thing John says in one episode is even close to literally true well, I'd probably be inclined to trade iron sights for a pistol that held 600 shots per mag.

Sure it would be great to have both and there's no really good reason not to but if I had to choose well... you can get a lot of "accuracy through volume" when you've got 600 shots to blow. It's not like a pulse pistol is an ergonomic nightmare like a zatgun or other weapon that might hold that many shots either. The lack of sights and tigger guard are pretty much the only things wrong with it and even the trigger guard is debatable since it doesn't actually have a visible trigger at all. If it's got some sort of trigger safety that requires bodyheat, detects fingerprints or biological material or some other means of ensuring inanimate objects can't press it, you don't really need a full ring type guard.

The pulse pistol also has sufficient punch to blow apart two human torsos and keep on going if you turn up the juice, as John showed off in "Terra Firma". That's a lot of firepower to be toting around in something the size of a handgun. There's also the possability that it does actually have some kind of sighting apparratus, but that it's just projected directly onto the operator's retina, like the Pk binoculars and flight gear do it.

Pretty much all the same things apply to starwars Blasters to only to a lesser degree. You still seem to get more ammo, just not as much more, and while they don't seem to have the same pure punch that the PK weapons do for their size, they've got enough. I'm not sure if I'd take one of them over a modern firearm but I'd probably take a PK pulse pistol over any modern analog... and just add a simple 3 dot sight on the next commerce planet.
                i wasn't referring to any human weapons in SW i agree with everyting you say about them i think the SW weapons have better FOR but less power in each shot

SW drops the ball on the alien weapons but its sort of defendable because a different speicies will want diferent ergonomics but the bio tech ones they are just lunacy they make jaffa weapons look sensble.

The worst part about both though is there is no reaoons to do that the tech is so good you could make it a good shape.

and stortrooper rifles have sights they just dont use them for some reason
                http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle

Comment

Wraith Stunner Rifle (early model)

Description: Big goofy looking glowing bazooka thing that's stabby and shooty on differant ends

Pros: Doesn't run out of ammo, can double as a nightlight for those afraid of the dark
                  Cons: Since its shots can't actually kill and the bayonet-thing is on the wrong end it might just be the first weapon ever invented that's actually more likely to kill or maim its operator via accident than what it's aimed at. Also, no sights, horrifying ergonimics, and just about the whole thing glows constantly for no discernable reason

Final Verdict: Another gun more useful for stabbing people than shooting them, but if you try that then you're probably pointing the muzzle at yourself and the trigger at the enemy, fun times
                  I almost peed my pants.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                  *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                  DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                  DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                    and stortrooper rifles have sights they just dont use them for some reason
                    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle
                    thats cos its just a british sterling smg with the mag and stock removed. And i believe the snipere rifles were mg39s
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                      thats cos its just a british sterling smg with the mag and stock removed. And i believe the snipere rifles were mg39s
                      yeah but it still has a sight same as any prop made from real guns eg BSG weapons speaking of which the dual bareled pistols in that are a little silly seeing as how heavy that must be unless its all titanium or something the stupid thing is the stormtroopers never using the sight.

Comment

Just posting again to say that I saw "District 9" today and well, if you want to see "more advanced alien energy weapons" done right you should see it to.

I can't recall any film in recent memory that did a better job of depicting alien firearms in a manner where they actually seemed superior to our own. Sure some of them were a bit on the bulky side but they fit the ergonomics of their intended users well enough, and the amount of sheer firepower displayed by certain models passed admirably through "holy ****" and well into outright hilarious.

Comment

Weapon: Zatnikitel

Pros: It's awesome, small, lightweight, can stun or kill or disentigrate, very obvious safety, can be used to intimidate enemy (stick Zatnikitel in face, then activate). More natural hold (hand doesn't have to be held as high to sight down the "barrel"), easy trigger, looks awesome, high rate of fire, terrifying sound, very rapid shot velocity (look at some episodes, notice, it more conducts to the target than traveling slowly like the staff blast)

Cons: I don't have a Zatnikitel!

Think I'm biased? *cough*look at name*cough*
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

If you love it so much, why did you enter it in the worst weapons category!!!
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X