No announcement yet.

No naquada on Earth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was about the only thing I could attribute to naquadah in Atlantis.
    Might that imply that Naquadah is not native to the Pegasus Galaxy?
    The Destiny might have seeded this galaxy with the Stargates but might have had it's own supply of naquadah aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      Might that imply that Naquadah is not native to the Pegasus Galaxy?
      Well, as you pointed out, a ZPM can produce many orders of magnitude more power than a Naquadah generator, so Naquadah might been used only for its superconductive properties.

As for naquadah not being native to Pegasus, that is not entirely out the realm of possibility: since Pegasus is a dwarf galaxy, it's probably very metal-poor, and thus would have even fewer heavy elements like uranium and naquadah.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      The Destiny might have seeded this galaxy with the Stargates but might have had it's own supply of naquadah aboard.
      Uh...this might not be on topic, but the Destiny isn't the ship seeding Stargates, it's the follow up. That's why the crew spends so much time using the Destiny's Stargate.

Also, there is reason to believe that the Milky Way Stargate network is newer than the Destiny mission, and the Pegasus 'Gate network is even newer than that.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
      X